Thursday 6 October 2016

A Card for a Very Special Person in my life!

Hi Everyone,

A couple of days ago it was my beautiful Daughter, Jenna's 36th birthday.  Boy, does that make me feel old and where on earth are the years flying away to, lol!  Today I am sharing the card I made for her.

Back on the front cover of the September issue of the Craft Stamper mag Hermine Koster shared a card using Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers which I really liked and this is my take on that card.


I had bought a set of these lovely markers when I went to the Happy Stampers show at Port Sunlight back in May but hadn't played with them much so this was a good opportunity.  The stamps I used were a mixture of PaperArtsy (Lin Brown), Unity, Artemio and Indigo Blu.  I was really pleased with the clean, fresh look of this card although I have to admit to several attempts at stamping the teasels before I was reasonably happy.  Must practice more I think, lol!

Thanks for dropping by and see you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

8 comments:

Helen said...

what a beautiful card!! I love the colours and colouring, not to mention the beautiful mix of stamps. I am sure Jenna will love her card too; hope she had a fabulous birthday.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a stunning card Lesley, the colours are gorgeous. I'm sure that your daughter loved the card.

Sue xx

sam21ski said...

Ooooh how lovely Lesley. I bought a set of those zig clean brush pens so would love to know what you did with them xx

craftimamma said...

Oops almost deleted comment instead of replying...eek! The main image was stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured partly by damping paper slightly with a waterbrush before applying the colour and blending out with the waterbrush and partly by picking the colour up from my craft mat with a waterbrush. The teasel stamp was 'inked' up with the markers then lightly spritzed with water before stamping. I found that a bit hard to get the amount of water right hence a few tries ending up in the bin, lol! Xx

craftimamma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aquarius said...

Beautiful card and I especially love blue poppies as opposed to the usual red.

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful card, so fresh, I love Hermoine's work x

Hazel Agnew said...

It's a delight Lesley. So different and refreshing. Sure that Jenna loved it too. Xx