Thursday 6 October 2016

For once it's not a card!

Hello again,

Wow, not often I do two posts in a week let alone two in one day, lol!  This time I have three ATCs made for a swap to share with you.


I tried to use up a few of the zillions of bits and pieces of leftovers I can't bear to throw away after making something.  The substrate for them all was corrugated card packaging I've been saving forever, lol!


For this first one I covered the ATC with a piece left over from my very first Gelli plate play, stamped with a small script stamp using Coffee Archival Ink followed by a PaperArtsy Ink and the Dog image with Black Archival and coloured small areas of it using pencils.  I then added some Christine Adolph adhesive rub on and gold foil and finally a piece of heavyweight Kraft card border which I sponged with Chalk Fresco Finish followed by Claret and then stamped with Gold Metallic Fresco Finish.  I finished off with Classic Treasure Gold around the edges. 


The second one was covered with a piece of paper brayered with a few shades of green Fresco Finish acrylic paint, a leftover from a recent project.  I created the impression of a hill with torn paper and sponged Archival ink then stamped the tree and foliage (stamps designed by my friend Deborah Wainwright who shares her fabulous art HERE) using more Archival Inks.  I found the honeycomb diecut in my scraps so added some Frantage embossing to it and then adhered it to the ATC along with a scrap of mesh.  Finally I inked around the edges with Olive and Black Archival Inks.
 

I started this third one by brayering over the corrugated card substrate with a couple of pink shades, Nougat and Taupe Fresco Finish.  I followed this with a little random stamping of a PaperArtsy small script stamp and Coffee Archival Ink. The beautiful Ophelia image had been stamped onto tissue and sprayed with Glimmer Mists (I think) at least two or three years ago, lol, so I decided it was time she was given a home. I adhered it with Soft Matte Gel  giving it a top coat of gel once it was stuck down smoothly.  I attached the ribbon and scrap of lace to the bottom and the flowers to the top then applied White Fire Treasure Gold to the flowers and round the edges of the ATC.

Thanks for visiting and see you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

6 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful atcs Lesley!

sam21ski said...

Absolutely fantastic, so pleased you've decided to join in, can't wait to see them IRL xx

Aquarius said...

Three brilliant ATCs = so glad I'm not the only one who can't bear to throw out even the smallest scraps, particularly if they've been coloured, embossed or die cut etc.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Stunning ATC's Lesley. I love them all.

Sue xx

Elaine said...

Lovely ATCs Lesley, how satisfying to use up leftovers too. Great designs and such variation! Elaine xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Three wonderful ATCs, Lesley - brilliant use of leftovers, and each with such lovely details.
Alison x