Saturday 15 October 2016

Quick Cards for Chocolate Baroque

Hi everyone,

I hope you're having a nice chilled Saturday and that the weather is being kind to you.

Today Judith on the Chocolat Baroque DT Blog is sharing a post full of quick card inspiration from the DT and it includes a couples of cards I contributed. 


For this first card I blended some Portfolio Pastels onto a piece of card with my finger then stamped the image with Black Archival Ink. I made sure it was dry by using my heat tool and this fused the ink into the pastels which was a nice effect but quite accidental, lol!  I stamped the sentiment onto my base card and embossed with clear embossing powder then I cut a rectangle to use as a mask so that I could randomly stamp the pretty leaf.  I stamped twice from each inking of the stamp then finally drew the squiggly border round the sentiment with a black fine liner.


I mounted the main image onto coordinating card then black card before attaching it to my base card.


For this card I inked up the lovely fern stamp with two different Distress Ink colours and stamped twice each time. I then inked up with two different colours and stamped again a couple of times.
 

I put a couple of drops of Distress Ink in two of the colours I used for stamping onto my craft mat then spritzed a little water before picking the ink up on an old toothbrush.  I then flicked the bristles to get the delicate spray.  I next used a dusting brush to add a little light colour to the background with also highlighted the edges and then stamped the sentiment.  Finally I added the ribbon and the metal leaf which I gave the Treasure Gold treatment to before adhering the whole thing to my base card.

These were both really quick cards to make (once I'd managed to think of them, lol) and if you hop over to the Chocolate Baroque blog you'll find lots more inspiration for using CB's gorgeous stamps from the rest of the DT.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for dropping by.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

6 comments:

Helen said...

Two beautiful cards, Lesley, I absolutely love the first one.

sam21ski said...

Great colours in that first card Lesley and love the autumnal feel of the second one xx

Aquarius said...

Two lovely cards - had to smile at what you said about making them being quite quick once you'd spent time thinking about what to do. That is so true!! I might 'pinch' the idea for the second one to use with stamps/dies I have.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two stunning cards Lesley, I love the gorgeous colours on the first and the softness of the second.

Sue xx

Unknown said...

Two beautiful cards Lesley - really love the first one, but the colours are fab on the second one and the splatters really fit it
xxx

Etsuko said...

The card is marvelous Lesley. Beautiful stamping and colours and very delicate detail, love love it. Now it's my treasure. Thank you so much. xx