Monday 31 October 2016

Typography, Fonts and Quotes - A simple tag!

Good Morning all....

..... on what is apparently quite a foggy Monday morning in some areas of the UK.  Here in my little bit of Nottinghamshire we have a pretty pearly sky and it looks as though we could have a pleasant day ahead.

The fab new topic of Typography, Fonts and Quotes which started on the PaperArtsy Blog Challenge last night is one I love, especially quotes. As always the intro to the topic from Darcy is interesting, informative and full of wonderful inspiration so do hop over for a looksee.  It's is very rare I make something that doesn't have some form of script/wording on it so I'm hoping I have lots of time to play this next two weeks.

I have a simple tag to share this morning which I already had out on my desk having hoped to make another quick entry to the previous topic but it didn't get done so I changed plans to the new topic.


A few days ago I rediscovered some tags which my friend Judith shared several years ago now and which had been stained with coffee or tea  and I used one for this piece.  It actually still has a lovely faint aroma of coffee after all this time ;-)!  I started by blending some Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges and then stamped the beautiful delicate script stamp from one of Lin Brown's latest stamp sets using Potting Soil Archival Ink.  It amazes me how a stamp so fine and detailed can stamp so clearly.  Next I stamped the grass, another gorgeous stamp from the same set using Sienna Archival Ink.


I found a small Kraft tag, inked the edges with Vintage Photo then stamped the skeleton leaf from Lin's other new release with the same ink.  I stamped the quote onto a piece of vellum several times with Sienna Archival and heat embossed with clear ep before cutting it into bits to give me the widest border around the words possible and stuck the bits on.

I really enjoyed this bit of spontaneous play and I'm off to link up to the challenge before getting stuck into the usual boring Monday chores, lol!

Have a good week!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx


9 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a gorgeous tag Lesley, love the vintage feel to this.

Sue xx

Etsuko said...

Stunning tags Lesley and great quote. xx

Aquarius said...

I'm always drawn to typography and fonts used in an 'arty' way - love this tag and the quote is great.

Hazel Agnew said...

A perfect combination Lesley and wonderful way to show off Lins beautiful stamps. Get you, first out of the traps! Xx 😜

Helen said...

what a great tag, I love the stamping, and the sienna ink colour is gorgeous.

veronica said...

love this Lesley, great combination of stamps and shades of brown.
xxxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Beautiful, Lesley!

Lucy x

craftytrog said...

Simply beautiful Lesley! xx

Craftyfield said...

Love the Vintage colours and this stamp... one on my wish list and yes so detailed, amazing!