It's rather damp too so I'm glad that the project I had great fun creating yesterday (gave myself a whole playday ;D) is nice and bright and cheerful. It's the final day for entry into the current PaperArtsy Blog Challenge and I didn't think I'd get anything made in time but I so wanted to ink up my new Elena Zinski stamps then on Friday evening my buddy Hazel shared a fab bright abstract project on the PA Blog which gave me the inspiration to get started.
First I covered a 20 cm square canvas board with black gesso and set it aside to dry.
Next I took nine 5cm square pieces of Stampbord and nine different colour PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints and painted each square by patting the paint on with a piece of Cut n Dry foam. If you want a smoother finish use the soft foam side and if you want a more textured finish use the hard side. I edged each square with black gesso.......very carefully, lol!
When the squares were thoroughly dry I stamped all the images using Black Archival Ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Obviously, I couldn't get the whole 'monster' images on my little squares so I tried to make them look like they were peeping round corners. I then coloured them all with a mix of the same Fresco Finish paints and Prima watercolour paints. The little stars are coloured with sparkle Sakura pen.
I really enjoyed my first play with Elena's cute little monsters and think I need to add more to my collection now, lol!
Have a good Sunday everyone! I'm off to link to the challenge now. See you again soon.