Sunday 30 October 2016

PaperArtsy Blog Challenge #20 - Squares and Grids

Good Morning all on this very grey Sunday.

It's rather damp too so I'm glad that the project I had great fun creating yesterday (gave myself a whole playday ;D) is nice and bright and cheerful.  It's the final day for entry into the current PaperArtsy Blog Challenge and I didn't think I'd get anything made in time but I so wanted to ink up my new Elena Zinski stamps then on Friday evening my buddy Hazel shared a fab bright abstract project on the PA Blog which gave me the inspiration to get started.


First I covered a 20 cm square canvas board with black gesso and set it aside to dry.


Next I took nine 5cm square pieces of Stampbord and nine different colour PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints and painted each square by patting the paint on with a piece of Cut n Dry foam.  If you want a smoother finish use the soft foam side and if you want a more textured finish use the hard side. I edged each square with black gesso.......very carefully, lol!


When the squares were thoroughly dry I stamped all the images using Black Archival Ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  Obviously, I couldn't get the whole 'monster' images on my little squares so I tried to make them look like they were peeping round corners.  I then coloured them all with a mix of the same Fresco Finish paints and Prima watercolour paints.  The little stars are coloured with sparkle Sakura pen.





I really enjoyed my first play with Elena's cute little monsters and think I need to add more to my collection now, lol!  

Have a good Sunday everyone!  I'm off to link to the challenge now.  See you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx





6 comments:

Helen said...

oh Lesley this is fab fun! what a great entry. I thought I had another week, wonder if I can get anything done today!

sam21ski said...

Snap, it's very damp here this morning too!!! Loving those images with the pastel colours, super cool xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic canvas Lesley, love the colours and stamps you've used.

Sue xx

Etsuko said...

Very lovely project Lesley!! I was very expected how you use Elena's stamps. This panel is wonderful and very fun. I love this. xx

Hazel Agnew said...

It's fabulous Lesley. Love how you have linked up the characters around the grid. Great colours too. Cute little critters! Xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fab Lesley, I love those cute faces peeking out of the squares,

Lucy x