It's a bit nippy isn't it and going to get a lot worse over next few days by all accounts but shouldn't grumble as it probably won't be as bad as the poor folk over the pond in the US have it right now (it's being shown on the news as I type). Stay safe any visitors who drop by that are struggling over there at the moment.
Things are still a bit busy here this week as my brothers & I have to get Mum's bungalow emptied by the weekend so we can hand the keys back next week. It's a very difficult thing to dispose of someone's home while they are still alive but have no say in the matter :-( and I have to say it's giving me a few sleepless nights but we're getting there and it will be done with soon. I just hope I've chosen the right treasures to save for her!
Ok, on to the crafting ;-D! It's the 2nd challenge theme over on the PaperArtsy Blog and this time it's 'Shiny Stuff'! What a fabulous theme as there are so many things you can use to create shine and it can be subtle or 'in your face full on bling' and the inspiration from the Guest Designers is stunning so do hop over and take a look. I want to have a go at everything, lol! For my project I used a lot more shiny stuff than I would normally but I'm actually really pleased with the result. See what you think! .......Er, sorry for the photo overload!
I started with a 6" x 6" wooden frame (from the charity shop again ;D) from which I'd ripped some awful embellies.
I used the products below to layer paint and add shine, plus gilding flakes.
I die cut the butterfly border from White Greyboard (PaperArtsy) and the word Love is a Wendy Vecchi Art Part and I covered both with gilding flakes. I applied the pale, creamy colours of Fresco Finish to the frame with Cut n Dry foam and then applied patches of the 3 Treasure Gold colours.
Previously I've always applied TG as the last layer but this time I wanted to try using it underneath FF so I applied a mix of Nougat and Dusty Teal FF all over, again with Cut n Dry. Once dry I then sanded back to the TG and buffed it with a soft cloth. Sorry for the glare in some pics but the 'process' ones were taken at night.
The flourishes were stamped with a Versamagic ink and all the script with Watering Can Archival. The butterflies were stamped with Archival onto a scrap of co-ordinating paper I found, cut out and then coated with FF Metallic Glaze. All the stamps used are from PaperArtsy sets. The random embossing is Frantage with a few mica flakes added.
This pic shows the lovely effect of the TG showing through the FF. I was really chuffed with it ;-)!
More 'Shiny Stuff', lol!
I deliberately took the photos of the finished project early this morning in a mix of dull daylight & my lamp so that I could capture the shine properly so apologies for the shadows.
I totally enjoyed making this frame and I think I'm going to take it down to Mum so see if she would like it in her room .........bet she does cos she's always been my biggest fan, bless her!
There is an extra week to make an entry for this particular challenge because next week Leandra and the team are revealing all the new stamps and stuff being released. The sneak peeks already have me drooling so I can't wait to see and it might give me chance to make a second entry to the challenge!
Righty Ho! Off to get my 'proper' day underway. Hope you all have a good one and manage to stay warm and cosy. See you soon!