Thursday 22 September 2016

Playtime with new goodies!

Morning everyone,

It's a bit of a mixed bag here weather wise by the looks of it.....had a little fine rain, lots of cloud and the odd burst of sunshine and I've not been up and about long (had a little lie in ;D).  Hope the sun wins out in the end!  

Last week my lovely friend Sam sent me a a parcel of DecoArt goodies (to cheer me up as my recovery is taking so long).  I was blown away by her kindness and generosity and couldn't wait to have a play.  First of all I watched loads of Andy Skinner YouTube videos to give myself a bit of insight into how the products work and my favourite was a gorgeous crackled heart so that's where I decided to start.  I totally forgot to take a pic of the heart on its own when it was finished but I was so chuffed with it so immediately started searching through my stash for stuff to create a suitable 'setting' for it.

I am not going to bore you with step by steps, partly because I was having such a good time playing I forgot to take any photos, lol, but there are quite a few layers at each stage and I would recommend watching Andy's excellent videos and then just play to get to know what these products do.  Sam has lots of projects on her blog where she's used DecoArt goodies too.

Anyway, here goes with a few photos.





 A couple of close ups of details....




Products used : DecoArt black Gesso, black modelling paste, clear Crackle Glaze, White Crackle Paint,
                         various Antiquing Creams and Fluid Acrylics, Soft Touch Varnish, Ultra Matte Varnish.
                         Supplemented with a couple of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish acrylics & the wooden block
                          frame.
                         Tim Holtz stamps and embellishments.
                         Rusty wings and wire from I know not where they have been in my stash so long, lol!

Till next time.......

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

11 comments:

Helen said...

Looks gorgeous

Aquarius said...

That gorgeous heart sits so well with the other 'ingredients' - love it.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic Lesley, so glad that you are feeling well enough for a good crafty play. I love the heart and it sits so well on the frame with it's wings and things.

Sue xx

sam21ski said...

I'm so pleased you've had a dabble and created lots and lots of layers to create this wonderful piece. Love the crackle you got on that heart, it's good stuff isn't it and up to now for me has worked every time!! Your frame is lovely and the heart and wings are a perfect complement.
I hope you are feeling a bit better and having a play gave you a lift.
Sam xxx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Fab project Buddy, love the colours and texture. Good to see that you are having fun while you are recuperating. Big hugs, Judith xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous finished project Lesley, I love it. Hope you are feeling a bit better every day. Have a great weekend xxx

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous Lesley! xxx

Steven said...

Gorgeous Lesley! Put the gift to good use!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous, I love that crackled heart. You have certainly got the hang of this deco art malarkey! That was so kind of Sam,

Lucy x

veronica said...

gorgeous Lesley, really love that crackled heart, it's fab!
Hope you soon feel 100% again, definitely annoying when it seems to take forever to recover, just don't try to do too much too soon.....
xxxxx

Ruth said...

A cracking crackle heart, great work with new goodies, and love blue and rust together. Hugs Ruth xx