Saturday 11 July 2015

This time it's a garden on a tag!

Hello again!

Wow, posts on 4 days in a row!  That's a new one for me I think, lol!

As promised I have another project created with Lin Brown's gorgeous new stamps for PaperArtsy.  Do hop over to the PaperArtsy blog and get an eyeful of the fabulous new stamp designs released this week.  I have had the privilege of being one of Lin's wingmen, alongside some very illustrious crafters and if you haven't already seen my projects scroll down through the last 3 posts where you can see them in detail.  You'll get to see lots more wonderful inspiration for all the new stamps released this week over on the PA Blog though!

Here's my project for tonight .......


This time it's a tag with a depiction of a busy little garden, lol!  Unusually for me this has lots of different colours and uses quite a few stamps, all of which are from Lin's two new sets I was asked to work with, ELB21 & 22.

Once again I got so carried away having fun with this tag I completely forgot to take step by step photos but the techniques were simple so just ask away in the comments if they are not clear.


I started by applying Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish to a large tag, then a layer of PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze followed by a layers of Snowflake FF.  I wanted it to look like a whitewashed fence.  I cut a couple of centimeters off the bottom of the tag and painted it with another colour as I wanted to use it across the bottom of the tag but I chose the wrong colour ink to stamp the chequered image and it didn't show up enough.  I decided to just cut a piece of card and paint and stamp that instead.  Love that little stamp as you can build it up to cover as big an area as you need.


Next I used Potting Soil Archival ink to stamp the long border stamp from ELB21.  This is another one you can join up to create any size you want.  I wanted mine to look like trellising so then I used a stencil & Hey Pesto FF to create a hanging vine & the little stamp from ELB22 and Bougainvillea FF to create the flowers.  I then stamped the lovely birdcage with Versamark and embossed with gold EP and added the two little birds.  It was at this point that I realised the gold birdcage was already getting totally lost so I used a carbon pencil to create some shadow and it did the trick perfectly.


  Next I stamped the branch three times onto a piece of Smoothy card and used Fresco Finish paints in Limelight, Hey Pesto plus a couple of Lin's older (discontinued I think) limited edition paints to colour them.  I then fussy cut all three out and used two as little saplings against the trellis.  I attached these with tiny bits of thin 3D foam and the third branch I cut up and arranged above the birdcage.  I stuck these pieces flat.


I stuck the chequered strip across the bottom with thicker 3D foam and then stamped the clump of flowers 3 times on separate card, coloured them and then fussy cut them out and arranged the little flower border across the bottom and finally added some co-ordinating ribbons at the top.



I'm typing this blog post on the hottest day so far and it's still 30c at 9.30 pm :-/   My craftroom has been over 40 today and is well out of bounds.  If it cools down enough I'm hoping to have another project with these stamps but if it doesn't ..........

Take care, stay cool and thanks for visiting everyone.  Don't forget to visit the PaperArtsy Blog!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

15 comments:

PaperArtsy said...

Sounds like you need aircon in the craft room!! Lovely post Lesley!!

Julie Lee said...

I love this busy little garden, Lesley! You have really taken flight with these beautiful stamps of Lin's. I've loved looking at your work with them - really inspiring! xxx

Hazel Agnew said...

Love your garden Lesley! Such fab inspiration from you and doing Jo proud with the stamps! Xx

SueC said...

Beautiful Lesley ! Love the trellis work and the crackle background is perfect ! Sue C x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful tag Lesley, I love how you've used the flower head to make the trellis.

Sue xx

yoursartfully said...

Wow Lesley, this is fabulous, such a clever idea with the trellis.
Lin x

Suzi B said...

Such a lovely tag Lesley. Gorgeous vibrant colours.
Suzi B xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Another brilliant make Lesley, you are really rocking it with those stamps!

Unknown said...

Really stunning tag Lesley, fantastic amount of detail - and a lot of work, but well worth it

Aquarius said...

Lucky you getting to work with these fab stamps. This tag is lovely with lots of detail and I see from scrolling back that You've also made excellent use of the stamps on the other projects. Great work as always.

Etsuko said...

Wow! This is beautiful garden Lesley!! I love all your techniques, especially gold embossing birdcage. this is very inspiring. xxx

Claire said...

Beautiful tag - love the border along the bottom - the colours on it finish the tag perfectly xx

Elaine said...

You really are inspired with these stamps aren't you? I saw this last night, but decided to come back when I had time to look at how you had made this properly and I am so glad I did. There is such a lot of work with the layers and they all fit together so well. I love the idea of the crackle glaze fence, the stamped and stencilled trellis. I love the trees and the extra dimension you have given them with all the fussy cutting. The strip layer at the bottom gives a great contrast and again the fussy cut flowers allow you to get a great colour contrast going. Super work my friend, Elaine xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Wow love this one too, blimey you are on a roll. Love what you have done with stamps and great inspiration xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, love this one - from the crackle background to that wonderful trellis bursting with blooms - fantastic!
Alison xx