Sunday, 12 July 2015

Last one .......... for now!

Hello again.......

......and thank you for visiting once more so that I can show you my final project (for now) using Lin Brown's new stamps for PaperArtsy which have been launched this week over on the PaperArtsy Blog.  I hope you have found time to hop over there during the past week as there have been some wonderful new releases and lots of fabulous inspiration from the designers themselves, the usual amazing DT suspects and a few guests like myself.  Thank you once again Lin for asking me to join your other wingmen for this release.  It's been a lot of fun and a huge honour and I for one cannot wait to add the rest of your new stamps to my collection because I love them all.

Ok, on to my project which is another card and back to a relatively clean and simple style.  I remembered to take step by step photos this time ;-)!


I started with a 15 cm square base card and a circle template I made ages ago from copy paper using a circle die.


I positioned the template centrally & used masking tape to keep it in place and then stamped the two lines of the quote from ELB22 at the top and bottom 


I love this quote because I could cut the three lines into separate phrases and they are so easy to line up perfectly with the edge of your block using the dots at each end and a cutting mat as you can see below.  

 

I then removed the template and stamped the teasel from ELB22 and stamped again onto a post-it note so I could make a mask which I placed over the proper image before replacing the template.  I also put post-it notes around the edges of the template to make sure I didn't inadvertently stamp on the base card where I didn't want it.
 

I then took the border stamp from ELB21 and created the trellis effect as I did on my last project.  I removed the mask and again replaced the circle template and then blended a little Tea Dye Distress Ink in from the edges of the circle using Cut-n-Dry.
 

Finally I used Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord to add a little colour to the teasel and Tea Dye for the stem.  Archival ink in Black and Dandelion were used for the stamping.


As I said at the beginning, this is my final 'official' project with these lovely stamps but I just know I will be using them again and again in the future.

See you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

7 comments:

butterfly said...

Fabulous design for your cards, Lesley - a great showcase for the great new stamps.
Alison xx

snazzyoriginal said...

Love this idea Lesley, so effective x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Lesley, thak you for showing how you made it. I love the sentiment that you've used with this stamp too.

Sue xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards again, Lesley - your cards are always beautiful, and with Lin's stamps to boot you've really come up trumps!!

Etsuko Noguchi said...

Oh! Lesley, This is gorgeous , great design and idea. I love it!!! xxx

veronica said...

another beautiful card lesley - love the sentiment, and how you have used the teasel

Inkypinkycraft said...

great designs and the stamp looks fab centre stage x