Wednesday 1 July 2015

A Pleasure to make.....

Hi Everyone,

I'll say lovely to see you today and then get the weather out of the way from the start and just say ....... I don't like it hot!!!  Which is why I love Spring and Autumn ;-)

I've not had much I could show recently as I've had quite a few cards to make for birthdays coming up soon but last Friday was Helen's birthday so I can now share her card. 


Once again it was a simple format (my favourite style at the moment) where I blended various shades of blue and purple Distress Inks through a sunburst stencil and then did the same with a doily stencil on top.  If I remember correctly I used brushes to apply the ink.  I inked roughly around the edges then matted onto two layers of complimentary card.  I stamped one of Dina Wakeley's scribbly birds onto the stencilled card, mainly so I didn't have to fussy cut his legs, lol, and then again onto some designer paper from my stash.  I cut him out, minus legs, and stuck him over the image on the card.


Finally I stamped the Chocolate Baroque sentiment direct to the card.........why the heck do I always do that last and risk bu......   er, ruining the whole thing ;D........ and stuck the layers onto my cardbase.

That's it for today and it could be a few days before I get back with anything else.  I'm trying to finish the fab project we did at our weekend with Lin Brown a couple of weekends ago but my craftroom is pretty much no go in this heat.  See you again as soon as I can.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

10 comments:

sam21ski said...

Gorgeous Lesley, love the layered stenciling. Have you seen this months new distressed colour???

Sam xxx

Margaret Iddon said...

Lovely card Lesley. Simple but beautiful.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Stunning Leslie, love the stencil work behind the gorgeous little bird. I don't mind a bit of warmth but have to admit that this is a bit hot for me.

Sue xx

Helen said...

It's a truly lovely card, Lesley and looks great on my windowsill.. have to keep laying them all down when the windows are open or they'd be falling out of the window.. I really really hope it stops being so hot very soon!

veronica said...

beautiful Lesley - and love that bird stamp! Hope you haven't melted just yet, too darn hot for me too.

snazzyoriginal said...

Just beautiful x

Suzi B said...

Lovely,summery blue card Lesley,so pretty. You've inspired me use some of the stencils I keep buying!
Suzi B xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

What a gorgeous card for lovely Helen! I love the double layer of stencilling!

Lucy x

Cocofolies said...

A little hello on your blog too tonight Lesley, this card is so lovely!!! Hugs, Coco xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the airbrushed look of the stencilling - so cool - and the gleaming bird is fabulous! I can see why Helen loves it.
Alison xx