Monday 6 July 2015

Chocolate Baroque Challenge #12

Hello and welcome,

Finally I managed an entry for the 12th Chocolate Baroque Blog Challenge!  I can't believe it's a year since their fabulous challenges began and I'm a bit disappointed not to have managed to make many entries but at least I made the first and the last (with one in between I think).

 This is a one layer card (apart from one butterfly top right) and is quite small for me at 5" (13cm) square. I began by dusting Distress Inks in Peeled Paint and Iced Spruce over the whole of the card front and then applied Rusty Hinge through a Clarity Poppy stencil. I stamped the main image from Chocolate Baroque Pretty Poppies set using Sepia Archival ink and watercoloured it with the same DIs.  I stamped two butterflies from the Honeysuckle Butterfly set with Sepia, top left directly onto the basecard and the other one onto a separate piece of card and embossed them both with clear embossing powder.


Once again I coloured them with the same Distress Inks.  I cut out the separate one, shaped the wings slightly and stuck it to the card by just the body.


Finally I stamped the sentiment from Chocolate Baroque clear set Amazing Birthday using the Sepia Archival and again embossed with clear embossing powder.

Thanks for dropping by and now I'm off to link up to the challenge.  As there's still just over a week to go on this final challenge why don't you make an entry .... I might just manage another one if I get my skates on ;-).

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

PS  My friend Lynne just pointed out that this card also fits the current Stamping Sensations lovely challenge so I'm linking to that as well.  I have these challenges in my sidebar and never think to check them when I do a post, lol!

19 comments:

sam21ski said...

Gorgeous effect with the solids in the background and the coloured images layered over the top xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card, I love the butterflies, but the poppy is fantastic! Great colours.

Hazel Agnew said...

An absolutely beautiful card Lesley! X

Paula Whittaker said...

What a super one layer card - lovely soft background imagery. Nice ink work.

Jo said...

So delicate, xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is beautiful Lesley, the stamps and stencils go so well together.
I don't do too well with the CB challenges either.

Sue xx

veronica said...

beautiful card lesley, love the muted colours - stamp looks quite different used this way, and love the stencil background. You've reminded me that I have a poppy head stencil somewhere...........
Much nicer weather we have now isn't it, though i think we are threatened with more roasting to come!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, that's so pretty, Lesley - the delicate peach colour is lovely, and I can see why your beautifully coloured butterflies are so attracted to that gorgeous flower.
Alison xx

Lynne K said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lesley, such lovely colours and the background stencil works so well with the image. It would fit our challenge at Stamping Sensations this month too, which is "Feature A Creature".

Hugs, Lynne

snazzyoriginal said...

Love the layers in this and your watercolouring is just beautiful x

Lin said...

absolutely gorgeous Lesley! your water colouring is fantastic..you have brought the flower to life..great colours too xxx

brenda said...

As a Pollyaholic I absolutely adore your creation Lesley. The background stenciling is so delicate and makes the perfect backdrop for the butterflies and focal Poppy.

Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Lucy Edmondson said...

That is exquisite, Lesley!

Lucy x

Sally H said...

Stunning! What a gorgeous card, Lesley, and perfect for our Feature a Creature theme this month. Thanks so much for joining in at stamping sensations and good luck!

Etsuko said...

This is absolutely gorgeous card, lovely flowers and butterflies, love the beautiful light colours. xxx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Lesley, a lovely card, the Poppy stencil makes a super background for your main image. Gorgeous colouring, and being a poppy fan, I love the subject that you have chosen to feature in your design! Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A gorgeous card and the colours that you've used are wonderful :)

Flo Langley said...

Simply gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge. Apologies for late commenting.
Hugs Flo x

Eret said...

Very beautiful card. Love what you did with the background and these butterflies are gorgeous as well. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x