Thursday 9 July 2015

More for the Lin Brown/PaperArtsy new stamp release.

Evening all,

Thanks for taking a look at my first card created to showcase Lin Brown's fab new stamps ELB21 & ELB22 over on the PaperArtsy Blog last night.  Tonight Lin and Leandra are revealing her second batch of stamps and it's not often I can't choose a favourite set but this time I really love them all.  Hop over and see what Lin and her wingmen for the evening have for your inspiration tonight.

I'm going to show you more details on how I  made my second card.  This won't take long because I forgot to take step by step pics, lol!  There's a very good reason for that because the day I made it was very hot in my craftroom (conservatory).... 38c hot in fact and I lost count of the attempts I had to get the paint just how I wanted it in the background because it kept drying too fast on the card.  It literally dried the second it hit the surface and I know I wanted a streaky look but .........  In the end I had to leave it till evening when it had cooled down a bit, lol!


Anyway, I took a square of PaperArtsy Heavy Smoothy card and using Cut-n-Dry foam I smeared watered down Fresco Finish paints in a mix of Caribbean Sea and Wisteria for the top half and Hey Pesto for the bottom.  I then manipulated the stem of the bluebell (ELB22) before stamping it with Watering Can Archival ink, so that I could fit the birdcage (ELB21) in and hand draw a hook and chain to hang it from the stem.  I stamped the flower twice more on separate card and coloured all three using the same colour FFs with the addition of Candy Floss.


I cut out the two extra flowers and layered onto the main one with silicone glue.  I used the flower head from another image (ELB22) to create clumps of  'grasses' along the bottom using Leaf Green Archival ink.  I stamped the words onto card, cut them out and inked the edges with Cobalt Archival ink as well as the edges of the Heavy Smoothy card square before adhering everything to the card blank.

So, that's card #2.  Third one tomorrow night and then I'll have a couple more projects I've made since the deadline because I really love these stamps.

Hope you can drop by tomorrow and don't forget to stop by the PaperArtsy blog for inspiration by the bucket load for all the delicious new stamps.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

9 comments:

Helen said...

As you know, I was out on the first of Lin's launch nights but am taking a few minutes out to catchup now...! this is beautiful, glad your craftroom cooled down eventually enough for you to create it!

Margaret Iddon said...

What a fabulous card ales leu. Missed last nights Paperartsy blog so off to look now.

Margaret Iddon said...

Who is ales leu??????? Supposed to say Lesley

Astrid Maclean said...

Another beauty with these fab looking stamps! Great colour choices too!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Another beautiful card Lesley, easy to see why you love these stamps. I love the background you've created with the paints and the flower is lovely.

Sue xx

Julie Lee said...

So glad you were able to create just the background you wanted in the end, out of the heat! This is such a beautiful card. I'm really loving these stamps and what you have created with them.xxx

Elaine said...

Great design Lesley. I really like the bird cage hanging from the flower, such a good idea and lovely colours. A super showcasing of Lin's lovely stamps. Elaine xxx

Claire said...

This is my favourite sample of all of them! I love the colours, love that flower and how you hung the cage from the stem. Just beautiful :)

Deborah Wainwright said...

Love this one Lesley fantastic design xx