Friday 10 July 2015

And my final 'official' contribution to the PaperArtsy release of Lin Brown's new stamps....

'Evening All,

Wow, three days in a row and thanks so much for visiting again!  I always appreciate visitors anytime ;-)

Tonight I have the last of the three cards I designed for PaperArtsy's newly released stamps by Lin Brown to share the details of.


 For this card I did a bit of stamping and painting onto linen.  


I used black Archival ink to stamp the gorgeous teasel from ELB22 which I then added soft colour to using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints in Bougainvillea/Candy Floss and Limelight which I mixed with water on my craft mat.  I also did a bit of splattering from my paintbrush with the same colours.


I then took the three line quote and cut the stamp into separate lines so that I could easily position them along the sides and top of my base card with black Archival ink.  I do possess a stamp positioner ..... somewhere, lol, but I always position just by eye ;D.   I can still fit the phrases together if I want to stamp the whole quote.  I heat set the stamped words then painted a border with watered down Bougainvillea FF (absolutely love this colour)


Finally I layered the linen piece onto some stiff card with some wadding sandwiched between and folded the edges to the back before adhering to the basecard.

So, that's the last of my contributions from the PaperArtsy blog and a big thankyou to Lin Brown for asking me to be one of her wingmen..... what an honour!  I'll be back tomorrow with another piece I made just because I wanted to ;D.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx








9 comments:

snazzyoriginal said...

So stylish Lesley x

Bernie Simmons said...

Very Lovely . I think My bank manager is going to fall out with me. Love these stamps . And you have done an excellent job of showing them off xxx

Ruth said...

So beautiful, such a soft subtle paint effect on the linen. Delightful! Ruth xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I think the is my favorite of the three cards Lesley, although it's a hard choice. I love that you've stamped onto linen and the splats with the paints, If only I could reach my hand into the screen and touch it.

Sue xx

Julie Lee said...

I love those teasels and what you have done with them Lesley. Lovely work. xxx

Elaine said...

This is really lovely Lesley. I love love love the stamping on linen. Funny I found some gorgeous smooth cream curtain lining I bought for stamping on only this week before I saw this lovely card you had made! I really like the way you have added just a little colour on the image and the pink background really zings. A really classy sample well done! Elaine xxx

Unknown said...

Looks fab Lesley - teasels have to be my favourite stamp, and I love how you used them

Claire said...

A great idea to stamp into fabric, it looks really effective. Love the idea of using the wadding too, it must look really luxurious in real life xx

Words and Pictures said...

Another lovely card - you're definitely making that thistle look "necessary"!
Alison xx