Sunday 12 January 2014

Whoohoo! Two projects and posts in one day ...................

.............. unheard of in this neck of the woods, lol!

I was doubly inspired by the PaperArtsy design team this week as Clare Lloyd had shown us three lovely projects and Joanne Wardle returned with a guest spot too.  As I loved both their cards I decided to take bits from each and made a card.

This is Clare's card and this is Joanne's if you want to pop over and see which bits I pinched ;D.  I'm quite chuffed because I finally managed to ink up one of my lovely Darcy stamps which have been waiting patiently to be used. I've also used the little birdies from the Squiggly Ink stamps and the sentiment is from the same set Joanne used on her card.  I've coloured everything with Fresco paints and layered the little birds giving them a bit of shaping before sticking to the card.  Hope you like it!






Sorry the photos aren't quite up to standard but I had to take them using my craft light because it's almost dark here now.

Thanks to the PaperArtsy DT this week for their fab inspiration.  If I'd had time I reckon I could have gone on for quite a while with projects they had kick started.  Perhaps I'll keep the ball rolling if boring stuff doesn't get in the way ............. like the ironing I should have done today, lol!

EDIT : I forgot to actually say that I'm entering this in the PaperArtsy Challenge, lol!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

19 comments:

Helen said...

Look at you go!! Love this card, Lesley - great use of the stamps.

Hazel Agnew said...

Feel that I'm partly responsible for this card. Lesley. Worked really well. Go girl. Maybe OH will be surprised and flattered. Lovely composition. Xx

Unknown said...

Love it! xx

Darcy Marshall said...

ohh so nice, the heart vine and the branch go so well together.

massofhair said...

Oh really love this mix of stamps Lesley, stunning card :-) xxx

ionabunny said...

Great stamps, colours and card. Lovely

margaret said...

Great work Lesley, cold weather makes us want to stay indoors and craft. If it was sunny we would be in the garden!!!

Suzi B said...

Love it! You're on a roll!
Suzi B xx

Sally H said...

Another gorgeous creation, Lesley! great to see you have had some time to craft. It has been quite a grey day, hasn't it, so your gorgeous creations have brought a lovely splash of colour! xxx

sam21ski said...

Fabulous card Lesley, glad you managed to find some 'me' time eventually

Here to more this week

Sam xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Such a lovely CAS card - cute images, and the vivid red is so fabulous!
Alison x

Redanne said...

Love your card Lesley, the birds are so lovely and the sentiment is fantastic. Anne x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Lesley, bold colours and design. Love it.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Beryl said...

Stunning card Lesley. Love it.
Beryl xx

Margaret Iddon said...

beautiful Lesley.

Paula (PEP) said...

Delightful with the way you used elements from both projects - those little birds are a real delight. I hope no-one is wearing wrinkly clothes!
Glad you had some time for creating though.
Paula (PEP)

joanne wardle said...

I love how you've combined both of our posts! great card. I've just inked up that stamp for the first time today as well!

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous Lesley! xxx

lisa said...

What a great Valentines card, Leslely, I love it.
Hugs Lisax