Monday 27 January 2014

First Birthday Card for this year.

Happy Monday All,

I hope this Monday is a good one for you.  It's rather cold here but nothing for us to complain about in this part of the Midlands.

Last week saw the birthday of Lin, one my lovely bunch of Twitter friends and it just happened to be the first birthday I had on my calendar for this year (I now have another that comes before it ready for next year ;D).  For the card I made her I used stamps from my Chocolate Baroque collection.


The main image is from Punky Romance and the butterfly/moth and the gears in the background on the base card are from Steampunk Butterfly.  The 'BE HAPPY' is from the Words of Wisdom A6 plate.  



The butterfly/moth (?) is stamped in Archival ink, coloured with Distress Ink, cut out and then embossed with clear EP before attaching by gluing just the body. The panel down the left side of the card is acetate coloured with alcohol inks and run through a cogs & gears embossing folder.  


The centre panel was stamped onto separate card (including the sentiment) with black Archival ink, coloured with Distress Ink then torn down either side before lightly inking with the same DI and attaching to the base card.


The large flower on the main image stamp does have a clock in the centre but I embellished it with a cute little clock charm to give a little more dimension.  I got the charm from a lovely bead shop in Harrogate where my Daughter lives, simply called BEAD ...... need another visit I think, lol!

That's it for today but I have another Birthday Girl in my diary for later in the week so hopefully if the postal service plays nicely again I will be able to blog her card by the weekend.  Until then .............

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

18 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Gorgeous Lesley. Love the butterflies and the bead in the flower centre. Whole thing is something to be proud of. X

sam21ski said...

Oooh what a gorgeous card Lesley, love how those butterflies came out and I'm sure Lin loved it too.

Sam xx

steffi said...

Great card Lesley :) Love the butterfly/moth and I'm really loving the embossed alcohol ink element!

Netty said...

Love your beautiful card Lesley and such a great touch having a timepiece in the center of the flower, Hugs Annette x

Redanne said...

Your card is so beautiful, those butterflies are stunning and really do take centre stage - love this! Anne x

massofhair said...

Beautiful card Emma, sure Lin will be very happy with her gift.

Stunning images from chocolate Baroque, love the flowers and the butterflies :-) xxx

mamapez5 said...

What a lovely card Lesley. You have put a lot of thought and work into it. She is a lucky friend! Kate x

veronica said...

It's lovely Lesley -like the way you mixed the different stamp sets, and love the embossed alcohol ink background.
Nice to see you back crafting again!
xxxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Lovely card Lesley, great use of those beautiful stamps! Love how you put this together, - great card that I am sure will be much appreciated!

Julie Lee said...

What a lovely card! I'm sure Lin loved it and that it brightened her day! I really liked the little detail of the clock face and the butterfly was beautiful. Nice sentiment too! Julie Ann xxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Lesley ! I have Steampunk Butterfly but not Punky Romance which is on my wishlist. Have a great week, Shirleyx

Paula (PEP) said...

The whole colour palette works beautifully & I love the way that centre panel really draws the eye inwards so that it lands on that lovely little clock face charm. The moths are superbly placed with their wings straddling two panels & again the two of them framing that clock face.
Paula (PEP)

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, Lesley - this is beautiful. Love the torn edges on the central panel, and those butterflies are stunning!
Alison x

Brenda Brown said...

Such a pretty card Lesley, I love the paneled design and the butterflies are beautifully striking. xx

Brenda Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine B. said...

A beautiful birthday card, your steampunk butterfly looks really lovely.Hugs x ChrisB

Lin said...

Oh I did I did I did!! thank you so much Lesley it's a beautiful card..gorgeous stamp and the butterflies are beautiful :)xxx

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lesley! LOVE it - just my colours! xxx