Thursday 30 January 2014

Whoohoo, and another one!

Hello everyone,

Well, I'm back with my second card for this year.  That's two in 8 days ;D!!!  I hope I can keep it up.

Again, I'm using stamps from Chocolate Baroque which I've had for quite a while but the main image I've never had time to use till now.  I chose these stamps particularly because I know that Emma, for who this card was made, loves CB stamp designs.  She also loves pink but I'm afraid I don't so I hope she forgives me, lol!

The main image is from A5 set Butterfly Flourish and the gorgeous swirl in the corner is from A4 set Butterfly Dreams.  The sentiment is also a CB stamp. (EDIT: After being asked the question I just checked up on the sentiment stamp and it's from an old Elusive Images (now Chocolate Baroque) set and is nolonger available :-( .  It's a shame 'cos there's some lovely sentiments and fonts on the A5 set). 


I stamped the main image onto white card with Archival black ink, coloured the butterflies with Derwent Coloursoft pencils and lightly inked the edges of the card with Versamagic Ink.  I cut a mat allowing a very narrow border to which I applied Flitter Glu (from Indigo Blu) and gilding flakes and then mounted the main image with double sided tape.


The background was created by blending several colours of Versamagic chalk ink and then I did random stencilling using The Crafters Workshop Mini Reverse Chicken Wire and Mini Art is.  I also used a small Heidi Swapp individual butterfly mask here and there but you can't really see that in the photos.  I then stamped the beautiful flourish using the Flitter Glu and then applied the gilding flakes.


I ghost stamped the sentiment first Versamagic Ink and then with Archival black ink.


The lovely leafy spray is a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die cut which was kindly sent to me by my Twitter buddy Sam.   Emma and Sam are really good friends themselves so I thought it was nice to be able to use Sam's die cut on this card and she had cut the spray from card which she had obviously coloured herself with what looked like spray inks.  It was so pretty and shimmery that I based the colours I used around it.  I layered up a paper flower which I coloured with inks and a touch of Sapphire Treasure Gold, a lovely metal flower which I also gave the TG treatment to in Sapphire and also Royal Amethyst then finished off with a little silk flower and pearl brad.

The background was matted onto coordinating card before mounting onto the base card and the main image was mounted on foam pads to give a little dimension.

I really enjoyed making this card and was pleased with the result.  Hope Emma likes it too.  It's odd how out of practice I am at making cards not having made many over the past couple of years.  Mustn't let that happen again as I love sending/giving handmade ones.

Till next time ...............

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

20 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

So neat, so clean, so precise, so beautiful. Love everything Lesley. Fabarooni. X

Deborah Wainwright said...

Very nice Lesley the colours blend lovely together not heard of those inks but looks great. Xxx

Helen said...

It's gorgeous, Lesley!!

lisa said...

Spotted this on fb Lesley and had to come and have a closer look as it's gorgeous, just my colours. Live the gilded florish and the double sn4iment, that is really clever. Glad you are backmon a roll with your card making.
Hugs Lisax

lisa said...

Sorry, Lesley, just re read that last comment. Apologies for the gobbledygook, I'm trying to type on my tablet...not very well!
Hugs Lisax

sam21ski said...

Oooh Emma will love this card Lesley, gorgeous

Sam xxx

massofhair said...

STUNNING Lesley, i am sure Emma will love your card. Beautiful colours, just how i like them too.

Love everything on the card, i don't think you are out of practice at all! :-) xxx

Beryl said...

It's a fabulous card Lesley. The background, butterfly image and swirls are all lovely but the thing that got me most was the amazing effect you have got with the sentiment. Your stamping is so perfectly positioned.
Beryl xx

Elaine said...

A lovely creation Lesley. I love all the extra touches, the gilded matt and flourish - lovely rich effect, the smashing flower with treasure gold, shimmery die cuts and of course beautiful stamping. I am very impressed with your accurate shadowing on the sentiment too. Lovely work my friend and I am sure Emma will forgive you that this is not pink! Elaine xxx

Redanne said...

Your card is stunning Lesley, that flourish at the bottom is wonderful and I love the butterflies. I don't think Emma will even notice it is not pink! Anne x

mamapez5 said...

I love that stamp, and the beautiful card you have made with it.I bought a pot of flitter glue a year or so ago and, as yet, it is unused. I love the way it has worked on that flourish, so I am definitely going to try it now. Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Lesley, I love the colours you've used and the touch of gold leaf looks beautiful. Such a lovely background too.

Sue xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

a great card, i love the soft colours x as usual playing catch up :( hugs x trace x

veronica said...

this is gorgeous Lesley - am sure it will be a great success, even if it is not pink! Love the big gilded flourish and the shadow stamped sentiment (perfectly lined up!)
xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

the ghost stamping of your sentiment is beautifully echoed by the edging of those leaves on the die-cut & I love these oft colours you coloured the butterflies with. The gold gilding complements the aqua tones beautifully & I particularly like the metal flower layered with the softness of the fabric ones. That pearl brad really highlights the wing tips of the butterflies too. It's a tricky thing this card designing isn't it?
Paula (PEP)

Julie Lee said...

This is such a beautiful card, Lesley. I'm sure Emma will love it! Butterflies are some of my favourite images and these ones are so delicate and graceful. I love blue too, but - sorry Emma - not wild about pink! Julie Ann xx

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful card for Emma, I bet she adores it. Great colours and composition. Have a great weekend xx

Christine B. said...

A stunning card Lesley, the colours are so soft and delicately blended. Your butterflies are beautiful. I to have that stamp and not used it in ages I must get it out. Thanks for the inspiration. Love and hugs x Chrisb.

Words and Pictures said...

So lovely - the colour is so delicately blended - gorgeous background, and I love those butterflies!
Alison x

Neomed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.