Sunday 12 January 2014

I'm in Luuuurrve .............

.......... with turquoise and orange!

Happy Sunday to all  you lovely visitors and I hope you have all had a good week.

Once again I am making the deadline for this week's PaperArtsy challenge almost by the skin of my teeth. When I called it a day at about 1.00 am this morning I didn't think I was going to make it and if Leandra hadn't changed the deadline to 5.00 pm I wouldn't have, lol!  But, I took another look this morning and decided if I ignored the ironing (which wasn't a hard decision ;D) it was doable as it only needed assembling.

This week over on the PA Blog we have been treated to some lovely fun projects by an artist who is new to me personally.  Clare Lloyd is a very talented lady and her blog is well worth a visit if you don't already know of her work.  Her pieces make me smile which is always a good thing.

I loved all three of Clare's projects but decided to go with her second one....... I seem to have a thing for 7 x 5 canvases at the moment, lol!  Once again I won't give the how-to as I more or less followed Clare's method.  I loved her colour combo so much that I have used the same colours she did and in fact my canvas is pretty much a shameless copy of hers which you can see HERE except that I really had to improvise with stamps.  The swirl I used is actually a tree from one of the Squiggly Ink sets and the two smallest birdies are Squiggly Ink too but the other stamps are mostly JoFY (for PaperArtsy), even the tiny circles one in the background, filled out with a few little flowers & teensy butterflies from a freebie set I had in my stash.


This shows the alternative stencil I used which is new in my stash .....love it!


The swirly tree top worked quite well as did the JoFY circles.


I decided to take a little time and shape my flowers a bit as I never really like flat petals. My hot glue gun seems to have found a new home with my DS so I used Pinflair gel to give a bit of dimension.


So there you have my offering for the PaperArtsy challenge this week.  There were several other projects I would love to have had a go at too but I just couldn't seem to get myself going this week.  I need to buck my ideas up I think, lol!

Right, I must away for a thrilling (not) supermarket shop!  I hope you all have a good week ahead and will see you again soon.  Till then ..............

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

20 comments:

Helen said...

Lesley, this is beautiful - you are right, the colours go so well together. in fact I am wondering if I can fit another project in before the deadline.. !

Unknown said...

Wow, absolutely love the contrast between the blue and orange, it looks fab!

Emma x

Hazel Agnew said...

Fresh, happy, lively, just typical of us geriatrics Lesley. Love the energy in the imagery and colours. Well done and think you have your mojo back. X

PaperArtsy said...

Beautiful Lesley. Lovely depth of colours! Glad u made it.

PaperArtsy said...

Beautiful Lesley. Lovely depth of colours! Glad u made it.

massofhair said...

Glad you managed to finish in time Lesley.

Beautiful canvas, fab dimension, very happy colours. Love it! :-) xxx

Lin said...

oh Lesly I am loving this..loverly bright colours!! great stencil too and the lay out is fab!! xx

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Lesley!
Alison xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Lesley this is fantastic. I agree the colour combo is a great. So glad you got finished in time and shared this with us. And sooo glad u left the ironing lol xxx

Julie Lee said...

Gorgeous colours Lesley! Really brightened my day; it's so grey here and I have to get back to my housework! Grrr! Ooh, and I love those flower petals too, lovely depth to them! Julie Ann xx

Sally H said...

It is gorgeous, Lesley! I love that colour combo! Off to take a look at claire's blog. Hope the shopping and ironing fly by!!!

Suzi B said...

It's gorgeous lesley, so bright and oolourful, just what we need on these dreary January days.
Suzi B x

Paula (PEP) said...

I love your improvisation & had to smile at the little birdies in their houses - it's worked beautifully. I love your version of the black strip & how you balanced the word 'flowers' on it.
Hope the ironing isn't too tedious.
Paula (PEP)

ionabunny said...

Fantastic colour combo. Such a bright happy canvas

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous Lesley, I love that you added Jo's little bird.

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious, Lesley... I'm a huge lover of turquoise too, so loving this! Great stencil, and I love the words... wonderful take on Clare's fab inspiration.
Alison x

sam21ski said...

yes have to agree, that colour combo really works. Loving your new background stencil too, the whole piece comes together perfectly and well done for making the deadline - again!!

Sam xxx

Brenda Brown said...

A gorgeous colour palette Lesley and a great finished piece.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Beryl said...

What a fabulous canvas Lesley. Love the colour scheme too. Hope your thrilling shop involved some crafty purchases.
Beryl xx

lisa said...

The colours of your canvas are gorgeous, Lesley, I love the orange and turquoise combination and your birds are great. It's a lovely sentiment too.
Hugs Lisax