Sunday 19 January 2014

Crikey .... I've made it again!

Hello Everyone,

I've shocked myself a little because for the 3rd week in a row I've managed to make something for the PaperArtsy blog challenge.  This week saw a relatively new crafter as PaperArtsy guest DT member and I was so pleased when I found out it was none other than one of my lovely PAtwit friends.  Not only is Julie Ann Lee a lovely lady but she's an awesome crafter who writes some pretty cool blog posts too.  I always love visiting her blog both for her wonderful creations but also because I love reading her posts ......there's usually a nice story in there ;D!

Anyway, if you go to the PaperArtsy blog HERE you can follow her three posts for the week which show all the details of the beautiful casket she created along with it's contents.  I didn't have time to create the total project so I chose to design a tag taking elements from each of the three posts.  I created the painted background for my tag as Julie Ann did for a couple of her tags in her 3rd post and I made a couple of embellishments from Fresco painted Shrink Plastic which Julie Ann did in her first post.  If you visit the PaperArtsy blog I'm sure you will be able to pick out the similarities so once again I'll forgo the explanations, although I did make a few little turns from Julie Ann's techniques and just show you photographs of my tag.


The butterfly is stamped onto designer script paper which has been painted with Fresco Finish and edged with Treasure Gold.  The oval is Shrink Plastic painted with Fresco Finish as Julie Ann did.


This shows some of the 'marbled' paint background detail together with the stencilling.


Here it's the butterfly that is stamped onto Fresco Finish painted Shrink Plastic and the oval is the painted designer paper cut out with a deckle edged oval die. 



I used all PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints, Treasure Gold and stamps for the tag except for the feather stamp which is a Chocolate Baroque stamp.

An added bonus for me this week is that I managed to make my tag fit the Dragon's Dream Tag It On challenge which has a theme of the letter 'L' (mine is Love Letters), script and of course, stamping.  Julie Ann has just joined a couple more of my Twitter friends over on the Dragon's Dream DT.

See you again soon and until then ...............

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

27 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Gorgeous colours, love the feathers and it all fit beautifully together. A triumph Lesley. X

sam21ski said...

Great take on the PA challenge this week and well done for getting another piece entered on time - you're on a roll!!

Sam xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Really like your Tag Lesley great colour combo. Your feather and embellishments are fantastic xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous tag, Lesley - your feathers are just fab!! thanks also for joining us at TIO - the Dragons are pleased to have you along.

Anonymous said...

Lesley, that is gorgeous. Fab colours, great texture & the feathers are beautiful.

Elaine said...

Great tag Lesley.Super colours and design. Love the little curled letter and the feathers -had to go and hunt which CB set it was from, not one I have! I can see you enjoyed this! Elaine xxx

Netty said...

Beautifully designed tag Lesley, hugs Annette x

Lin said...

Oh I love your tag Lesley!! beautiful colour combination too..gorgeous xx

Craftyfield said...

Fabulous tag, love the aged and curled manuscript!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Tag, the feathers and scroll are brilliant. Thanks for joining in at Dargon's Dream. Jax DT member

Christine B. said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous tag, love the little curled letter and the feathers. The colours combination is wonderful.Sorry |I've not been visiting for a while. Love and hugs x ChrisB

Paula (PEP) said...

I love those feathers & the lovely piece of parchment. The background is a delight too with the way the eye moves diagonally from the top left swirly part to the bottom right swirly corner. The two images large & small remind me very much of a cameo - quite delightful.
Paula (PEP)

Claudia said...

Gorgeous Tag.

Julie Lee said...

Fab, fab, fab Lesley! I am so enjoying seeing all the terrific interpretations and yours is simply stunning. Yes, Lesley, this is a triumph indeed! I love it! Thank you so much for playing along! Hope you had as much fun joining in as I did admiring your work and the process! Julie Ann xxx

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Lesley - I love your choice of elements for the tag.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow gorgeous tag, I love all the details. The background is fabulous as well. I hope you are doing well, Shirleyx

Darcy Marshall said...

wow, really stunning.

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous tag, the feathers look stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

Brenda Brown said...

Love this tag Lesley, gorgeous techniques and added elements.
hugs {Brenda} x0x

Rika said...

Wonderful tag!

May said...

Fabulous tag, Love the background & those feathers are brilliant... Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow this is totally stunning Lesley, so much to admire!! Love the feathers and the curled paper, it looks fantastic, a truly amazing tag!!

Words and Pictures said...

A gorgeous tag, Lesley - the feathers and the scroll are so wonderful - and I love the background!
Alison x

Beryl said...

A beautiful tag Lesley. So many different elements on such a small project.
Beryl xx

lisa said...

You are on a roll, Lesley, I can't keep up!!! I love the fact that you've condensed the big project into a tag and a lovely one at that. Your feathers are gorgeous.
Hope you have a good week.
Hugs Lisax

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a breathtaking tag, love the curled edges of the letter. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

massofhair said...

The feathers are out of this world, must remember to see if i can get this set from chocolate Baroque!

Love how you combined all of the three projects into one, clever idea and works brilliantly! So much to see and loads of texture, absolutely STUNNING :-) xxx