Sunday 20 July 2014

PaperArtsy Blog Challenge - Inspiration from Joanne Wardle

Good Morning All,

Hope the weekend hasn't been too spoiled by our fickle weather for everyone here in the UK or overseas if it comes to it! Boy did we have some thunderstorms here yesterday and although it was bright sunshine when I got up around 7 am it's now 8.50 and looking decidedly ominous again.  It's very sticky and humid though but the garden really needed some water .....not quite so much in such a short space of time would have been good ;-).

Because of the weather I was able to get in my craftroom yesterday without feeling too guilty, lol, and once again turned to the fabulous inspiration we get all week from the PaperArtsy gang over on their blog.  The beginning of the week was taken up with some fascinating art dolls from             and there was a quirky fisherman's casket from Helen Chilton but the post that appealed to me most was another offering of CAS cards from the talented Joanne Wardle.

These cards always look so simple to do but in reality are anything but ..... especially in a craftroom as hot as mine with the ceiling fan going full belt right above my head, lol!  If you visit Joanne's post you will see she did all her stamping using Little Black Dress Fresco Finish paint but I have to admit I find this quite difficult to do and it wasn't helped in this instance because I don't have the solid stamps that Joanne used and it's much more difficult to use finer detail stamps.  The biggest problem though was the heat and fan combination because I found that by the time I had 'painted up' the whole stamp the paint was already starting to dry and so the images I was getting were awful. Combine that with some poor quality Kraft cards (a pack I managed to find in the cupboard depths) are the results were dire.  So, I had to cheat and use Archival ink!  All the wording is stamped in FF but apart from the first card all other images are Archival.



This one is my favourite
 

I spoiled this one by being too heavy with the splatter over the wording but I like the composition.
 

Ok, I'm off to do the link up.  Have a lovely Sunday followed by a good week and I hope the weather is kind to you all.  See you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

18 comments:

Helen said...

Heavens, I've had a fight with my pc to allow the comment box to pop up today!
Lesley, I love all your cards, (I used archival too on some of mine) they worked beautifully.

Helen said...

Heavens, I've had a fight with my pc to allow the comment box to pop up today!
Lesley, I love all your cards, (I used archival too on some of mine) they worked beautifully.

sam21ski said...

Great set Lesley, particularly like the middle one xxx

Sam xx

Aquarius said...

Blogger got off to a slow start this morning but at last I can see your cards - love them. I agree that 'clean and simple' is a bit of a misnomer too - these kind always seem to take me ages to get right. Have a good day.

margaret said...

Lovely cards, I like simple stuff!!

Unknown said...

"Simply" lovely!! Xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Gorgeous cards Lesley, I also like the middle one best of all. You prob not as happy with stamping with fresco because you are a bit of a perfectionist. Also shows in your impeccable work! Xx

Anonymous said...

I think these are great Lesley, stamping with paint definitely takes practice. I tend to apply too much pressure, forgetting I'm not using ink.

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful cards, don't think there are too many splatters, very effective xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

They have turned out beautifully, Lesley x

Paula Whittaker said...

loving your take on Joanne's PA post.

Unknown said...

Fab set of cards x

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous Lesley! xxx

Lin said...

Oh you do make me laugh Lesley with your tales of the over heated craft room..I can just see you getting in a muddle with the paint drying before you can stamp!! well all three cards a smashing..love them all xxx

massofhair said...

Three stunning CAS cards Lesley, very beautiful:-) xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

However you managed to stamp these cards Lesley, they are fantastic. CAS is something I struggle with, but you've managed these with what appears to be no trouble at all.

Sue xx

veronica said...

gorgeous cards Lesley, especially the middle one - I seem to recall loving hot weather in the dim distant past , hate it now - must be a sign of age!

Words and Pictures said...

Terrific cards - I love the stamps you've chosen, especially those fantastic prickly grasses... and I don't think there's too much splatter on the last one at all.
Alison xx