Well, I'm back with my second card for this year. That's two in 8 days ;D!!! I hope I can keep it up.
Again, I'm using stamps from Chocolate Baroque which I've had for quite a while but the main image I've never had time to use till now. I chose these stamps particularly because I know that Emma, for who this card was made, loves CB stamp designs. She also loves pink but I'm afraid I don't so I hope she forgives me, lol!
The main image is from A5 set Butterfly Flourish and the gorgeous swirl in the corner is from A4 set Butterfly Dreams. The sentiment is also a CB stamp. (EDIT: After being asked the question I just checked up on the sentiment stamp and it's from an old Elusive Images (now Chocolate Baroque) set and is nolonger available :-( . It's a shame 'cos there's some lovely sentiments and fonts on the A5 set).
I stamped the main image onto white card with Archival black ink, coloured the butterflies with Derwent Coloursoft pencils and lightly inked the edges of the card with Versamagic Ink. I cut a mat allowing a very narrow border to which I applied Flitter Glu (from Indigo Blu) and gilding flakes and then mounted the main image with double sided tape.
The background was created by blending several colours of Versamagic chalk ink and then I did random stencilling using The Crafters Workshop Mini Reverse Chicken Wire and Mini Art is. I also used a small Heidi Swapp individual butterfly mask here and there but you can't really see that in the photos. I then stamped the beautiful flourish using the Flitter Glu and then applied the gilding flakes.
I ghost stamped the sentiment first Versamagic Ink and then with Archival black ink.
The lovely leafy spray is a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die cut which was kindly sent to me by my Twitter buddy Sam. Emma and Sam are really good friends themselves so I thought it was nice to be able to use Sam's die cut on this card and she had cut the spray from card which she had obviously coloured herself with what looked like spray inks. It was so pretty and shimmery that I based the colours I used around it. I layered up a paper flower which I coloured with inks and a touch of Sapphire Treasure Gold, a lovely metal flower which I also gave the TG treatment to in Sapphire and also Royal Amethyst then finished off with a little silk flower and pearl brad.
The background was matted onto coordinating card before mounting onto the base card and the main image was mounted on foam pads to give a little dimension.
I really enjoyed making this card and was pleased with the result. Hope Emma likes it too. It's odd how out of practice I am at making cards not having made many over the past couple of years. Mustn't let that happen again as I love sending/giving handmade ones.
Till next time ...............