Hello everyone, long time no see....as they say.....and thanks for stopping by today,
I really have no excuse for not blogging as I have made quite a few things over the past 3 months inspite of the heat driving me out of my craftroom for several weeks and I'm annoyed with myself because my blog is primarily my own record of how I created things so I must try and update it with my recent makes. I do share all my stuff on Facebook and Instagram but that doesn't record the how too and a lovely lady left a comment on one such FB share today asking how I made a trio of tags so I'm starting with those.
This set of tags were originally a gift from a friend several years ago and were plain tags dyed with tea. I decided I'd hoarded them long enough and as I wanted to experiment with mixing mica powders into Prima 3D gel, I dug them out. I chose 3 shades of mica powder and mixed them into small blobs of the gel and then applied them through stencils onto the tags. I used all three colours on each tag overlapping them slightly to get a blend of the colours. As the gel starts to cure fairly quickly it was getting a tad sticky by the time I got to the last tag (the middle one in the pic above) but I quite liked the less than perfect effect I ended up with, lol! I also found it bled a little under the stencils.
This first tag is just made up from die cut bits left over from previous projects except for the piece of Scrapiniec chipboard on the top which was a recent purchase from Artful Days...well worth a visit online 😉 I heat embossed this piece with one of Seth Apters Baked Texture powders.
The butterfly was painted with Twinkling H2O ....not had those out in years either!
On the second tag I used a stencil from Artful Days for both the eye and the numbers (a very significant year for me, lol).
I used Archival ink then gave the eye a pupil and a bit of light reflection and I also stamped some script using Archival. Finally I added some Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers and edged the tag with black.
For the final tag first I stamped some script onto the background then I took a little paper doily, blended Sepia ink onto it and then stamped a damask design in black before attaching it to the tag. I dug out some long forgotten German scrap and added strips top and bottom.
Another ancient piece of stash was the Kraft chipboard die cut border at the bottom. I inked it with red Archival then stamped the script and inked the edges then stuck it to the tag with 3D gel.
I attached the metal embellishment then decided to lift the texture on it and the doily with some Treasure Gold highlights. Some ribbon and a gorgeous paperclip finished it off.
Isn't it funny how very often the things you don't set out to create in the first instance often turn into the things you get the most pleasure from.......or is that just me, lol!
I'll try to catch up with some more of my makes over the next week or so and hope you can drop by again.