Friday 25 May 2018

I'm back yet again!

Good Morning once again.

We have finally been having some nice weather here in the UK, for the majority that is.  As for me well.......let's just say a tad cooler would be my preference, lol!

It's cards again today but these were made for my card stash and also to have a go at using some large background stamps that I always struggle to know what to do with.  I really enjoyed making these as I got to use some more of my experimental background stash.  It's such a good feeling to actually get some of them used, lol!


This marble stamp was wood mounted and has been in my collection for many years totally neglected and unloved.  It has now been removed from the wood and can be used with my Be Creative stamp press  which makes it so much easier to get a good impression with.  The background is Oxide Ink onto glossy card which I polished once it was dry.  It gives a lovely finish!  I stamped with Black Archival (I think) and used a scrap of the background to create the sentiment strip mounted onto black card and with some thread to embellish a little.


The second card uses another old wood backed stamp which is now without the wood, lol!  Again it's an Oxide Ink background but on matte coated card this time.  Such a pretty pastel background and perfect for this negative image.  I can't say who's the stamp manufacturer as there was no name on the block.  The quote is from one of Alison Bomber's fab word sets for PaperArtsy. 


This card was again stamped onto an Oxide background but on ordinary none textured card.  I stamped with Versafine Black Ink and clear embossed.  Really love how this turned out.  The stamp is by Imagination Crafts


Another card using the same Imagination Crafts negative stamp but this time I think the background was Oxides with a small amount of PaperArtsy Infusions added on top.  I can't be 100% sure as I made it ages ago and it was sent to a friend.  However, this time I stamped in Versamark and embossing with Wow Bright White embossing powder.  Another fab result!

Okay,  now I'm getting somewhere with the backlog, lol!  Same time, same place tomorrow!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

4 comments:

Helen said...

great cards as always! I have that marble stamp too. not used it for probably as long as you!

Lin said...

Oooo great cards Lesley. Lovely backgrounds xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Another wonderful collection of cards Lesley, they all look fantastic.

Sue xx

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful florals - the second and fourth are my favourites (not just because of the word stamp!) - the photo stamp on that second one is magical, and I love the colours and inky effects on that final one.
Alison x