Saturday 26 May 2018

Getting there!

Here we are again, lol!

It's my third catch up this week, one more after this and I'm up to date as far as I can remember.

Today's shares are cards I created mainly for the fun of trying out new stamps but they will eventually be sent with love from me to people I care about.


I created this first one some months ago using a then newly released Jofy for PaperArtsy stamp set so as usual not entirely sure on the background but I think I scribbled Fibralo markers onto my craftmat, spritzed with water then splattered with a brush over my card.  I probably used co-ordinating Distress Inks to lightly blend round the edges.  I stamped with Watering Can Archival Ink and coloured with pencils (either Derwent Coloursoft or Polychromos).


The flowers were stamped onto separate card and I have no idea what that was coloured with, lol!  I added colour to the details with pencils, cut them out and shaped them before attaching to the card.  The sentiments are 7 Dots Studio word strip stickers and a bit of white pen finished it off.


This second card has been created using some of my newest Lavinia stamps.  The background is Oxide Inks but leaving lots of white.   I added some stencilling with Archival Ink before stamping the fairy and her little friend and the hillocks were created with torn paper and Archival ink which I also used to blend around the edges.


I used various Archival Ink colours to stamp all the foliage and finally painted Stickles to the centres of the pods and the fairy wings.  Lavinia stamps always make me smile and I was delighted with this card.  Not sure I can bear to part with it, lol!

Right, one more day to go then I'm caught up.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

5 comments:

Tracey T said...

Beautiful cards, I have quite a few lavinia cards I can't bear to part with, they don't date either unlike some of my other cards xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two more stunners Lesley, I especially love the Lavinia one I know just what you mean about them always making you smile, somehow you get lost in the magic of them.

Sue xx

Helen said...

Love the JoFY's but the Lavinia one is fantastic.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous cards, love the layers of colour and imagery. Tracy ❤️❤️

Words and Pictures said...

Love those colourful JOFYs and the Lavinia is magical (just the right word for fairies, I suppose).
Alison x