Thursday 24 May 2018

And another catchup post!

Morning again everyone,

I'm on a roll with my catch ups now as next week is going to be a bit busier, Bank Holiday and school half term with hopefully a visit from Daughter and her three kiddos,f so here's my second share.

Two more birthday cards and the first one for my eldest brother.  I forgot to take proper photos of this card before I sent it off so have to make do with this pic from my phone.


 As this was created back at the end of January I am guessing at how I did it, lol!  I know it was on linen effect card and I think I blended Oxide Inks to create the background then stamped the image (can't remember whose and I have too many wildflower stamps to search through, lol) with Versamark and embossed with Wow Brilliant White embossing powder.  The sentiments are definitely from my much used Chocolate Baroque collection.


This second card was for a crafting friend and the background is water spritzed Oxide Inks picked up from my craftmat.  I then stamped with Archival Inks using a variety of stamps but mostly Artemio.  I used Polychromos pencils to add colour to the main images and added white pen dots to the cow parsley.  I think the butterfly was a Tim Holtz one again coloured with Polychromos.


As usual I only attached the body of the butterfly as I like their wings to have a little movement.  I also liked the contrast of the bright blues against the background.  I used some of my huge stash of designer papers as a co-ordinating matt.  I think this is the way I have to go to get some of it used ....it would be a shame for it to go in recycling just for the sake of it.

Okey Doke, time to get on with chores 😞....real life is so boring sometimes, lol!  I'll be back again tomorrow, till then

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your brother's card Lesley, it's stunning! Second one really looks like a wild flower meadow
xxxx

Lin said...

Oooo love love love these cards Lesley that one for your brother is perfect and the colours on the second card are stunning xxx

Miriam said...

Gorgeous cards Lesley .

Helen said...

both gorgeous cards, but I really love the top one with that lovely wildflower popping against the fab background.

Deborah Wainwright said...

These are beautiful Lesley, I particularly love the first. Hugs Debsxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two stunning cards Lesley, I love them both and especially the gorgeous blue butterfly.

Sue xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous cards, love the blended background on the first and the wonderful colours on the second. Wonderful . Tracy ❤️❤️

Hazel Agnew said...

Wow Lesley what an elegant card for your brother, and I can certainly vouch for the beauty of the second one! So much gorgeous detail. Xx 😊

Words and Pictures said...

Well, I'm on catch up too... glad to have a bit of time to see what you've been up to, and I'm glad I came this far, as that card for your brother is one of my absolute favourites. Pure magic!
Alison x