Friday 23 March 2018

It's VIP birthday time!

Morning everyone,

It's a bit windy out again today and although the sun keeps trying to make an appearance the clouds are winning for the moment.  At least the temperature has risen to double figures for a day or two but typically set to drop again for the Easter hols 😒.

Anyway,  today I'm sharing a card I actually created over a month ago, ready in plenty of time for our Son's 40th birthday which was on Wednesday.  I'm beginning to think our Royal Mail has a big cheek putting postage charges up next week as just recently I and a few others have not received the service we paid for.  I think it's time they did away with 'first class' as they are taking several days to deliver even when this is paid for and I was really disappointed this card did not reach it's destination till after the birthday date.  Oh well, moan over for now, lol.  I was very chuffed with the card itself and I think Jamie liked it.


I started by sticking torn bookpages to various areas of an 18cm square piece of card, then roughly brayered Fresco Finish acrylic paints in different shades of grey.  I followed this with some stencilling of the brickwork and stamped some wording using Shadow Grey Archival Ink.


I stamped the fab Bee Crafty Banksy style image using Black Archival before finally adding some Smalltalk Stickers and a phrase stamped separately and cut out.

As Jamie is an artist/tutor himself and has done a lot of graffiti style artwork I thought this card was particularly apt.  We are looking forward to a meal with close family and friends on Sunday and are hoping the weather behaves this time as it had to be cancelled due to the snow storms last weekend.

I might be back again tomorrow but if not have a good weekend everyone.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx


7 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous card. Boo to royal mail!

Unknown said...

Love it - bet Jamie did too!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Too bad about Royal Mail. Fantastic card, love the monochromatic and wonderful backdrop for the bold imagery. Tracy ❤️

Julie Lee said...

Wow! The perfect card for your son, Lesley! It's great! I love the background and the Banksy style image. How frustrating about the post, though. Enjoy your weekend. xxx

Tracey T said...

Just perfect Lesley, love your colour choice. I hope you have a wonderful family meal xx

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant stamp and love how you created the fabulous background-enjoy your meal
Carol x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow this is fantastic Lesley, I'm sure your son loved it.

Sue xx