Sunday 29 April 2018

Speedy card and even speedier post ....PaperArtsy Blog Challenge entry.

Hi everyone,

It's been a while, lol!  Mostly because for some weeks Mr Blogger was not playing nice and would not let me post anything and I couldn't be bothered to try and sort it out.  Finally it has come right all by itself but it's a good job I have given up DT work or I would have been in a right old panic, lol!

Anyway, having been very lax with entries to the PaperArtsy Blog Challenge, Darcy brought it to our attention on FB today that it was final day for entries to the current challenge of  'Kraft' so at the nth hour I decided to have a bash at making a card and here it is.

All the stamped images are from the stunning nautical set by Scrapcosy for PaperArtsy and
I kept to shades of brown using Oxide Ink for the bottom image as I wanted a misty kind of look to it and then Potting Soil Archival for the beautiful sailing ship which I clear embossed to make it stand out.  
 

In the background I stamped the gorgeous script using Versamagic Cloud White.  I inked the edges and then added the Tim Holtz tape.  I stamped the quote from one of Alison Bomber's sets onto the reverse side of a scrap of Kraft card to give a slightly different shade and cut it up to add to the card.  I layered it to my base card on some fine corrugated card I had in my stash and that's it.

Yikes, 5 minutes to link up.....see Ya!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

10 comments:

Helen said...

It may have been last minute, but it's gorgeous, I do love that sailing ship!

Unknown said...

I think it is a gorgeous card Lesley, but then I love craft card! Just goes to prove that quick cards can be the equal of those slaved over for hours

Hazel Agnew said...

Now steady up Lesley, you'll be getting a case of the vapours! Fabulous card. Well done you! Xx

geezercrafter said...

Smashing card Lesley, love the potting soil ink, will look out for that.

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely !

Catie Cuddles said...

Love those little strips with the Scrapcosy ship x

Art By Wanda said...

It's a wonderful card, Lesley!!!

Tracey T said...

Just wonderful Lesley, love the shades of brown xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I wish I could make such wonderful last minute cards Lesley, this is fantastic.

Sue xx

Miriam said...

Wonderful card Lesley.... I love those stamps and you've done them proud