Saturday 10 March 2018

Ooer! It's Pink Again!

.....I must be feeling a bit poorly, lol!

Good Morning everyone,

I am hoping you have started the day with better weather than we have here.  It's been absolutely tipping it down but stopped for now.  More expected late afternoon but I intend crafting so that's ok, lol!

I seem to be having an accidental run on pink at the moment which I'm sure everyone knows is not my favourite colour.....and that is an understatement!  However, when the latest Distress Oxide Ink releases arrived I had to put the colours through their paces and I did like this dusky background I got so it had to be used.  Now the card has been received I can share it.


I thought the background was perfect for using Raquel Burillo's (aka Scrapcosy) stamp set ESC04 for PaperArtsy.  I used Aged Mahogany Oxide to do the stamping with the script stamp in the background and the roses stamped and heat embossed.  I then added some subtle highlighting with white pencil to the roses and green to the leaves.  I did a little stencilling with white Versamagic through Kim Dellow's stencil for PaperArtsy.


I found the pretty chipboard frame and lightly stamped it with the script stamp and stuck it to the card and stamped the butterfly onto a background scrap to add to the centre of the frame.  A small sentiment and a few pretty pearls and the card was finished.  

I must admit this kind of pink I do like, lol, and I loved it teamed with Raquel's stamps.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and see you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

6 comments:

Lin said...

Oh Lesley this is lovely aged mahogany is one of my favourite xxx

Tracey T said...

Fabulous card, as always Lesley xx

Raquel Burillo said...

Very nice! I love this aged mahogany!! Another supply to add to my list... Thanks for sharing! :)

Hazel Agnew said...

It's fabulous Lesley. Love how you have built up the background. The aged mahogany is a great choice and yes, it's a good pink! Well done Lesley and happy playing for the rest of your crafty day. Xx

Helen said...

What a beautiful card, Lesley!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Lesley, I love the build up of colour and the gorgeous stamps you've used too.

Sue xx