Monday 12 June 2017

I got off to a slow start.......

but I'm up and running again now for June!

Hello everyone,

After doing so well up to the middle of May I disappeared. lol, but some of that was down to family time over half term holidays etc.  I have made several items but either can't blog them yet or I haven't had time but finally tonight I can share a tag I've made for the UK Stampers Forum (Facebook group) June swap.  The theme this month is anything goes which is handy because I've managed to make it fit a some challenges.


I started off with a large manilla tag and layed down several layers of Fresco Finish Acrylic paints very randomly using my small brayer.  I used 3 shades of grey plus a light layer of lilac.  When I was happy with the painty layers I mixed some PaperArtsy Violetta Infusions with a dollop of Finnabair modelling paste and applied it through a heart stencil.


I then did some light stamping on the background using Emma Godrey and Darcy stamps (both for PaperArtsy) and then stamped the quote from Darcy's set with black Archival ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


Finally I diecut a scribbly heart from a piece of Infusions treated card using a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die, stuck it to the tag, edged the whole thing with black and added some ribbon.  I keep looking at the tag now and thinking it's not quite finished and I think it needs another diecut heart.  I'll have a go tomorrow and if I decide to add another one I'll edit the pics.

I'd like to enter this tag into the following lovely challenges...


I hope to be back with you by the weekend with another challenge entry 😉.  In the meantime I hope you all have a good week.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx




9 comments:

Helen said...

what a great tag- love the colours! the heart stencil looks fab too; don't think I've seen that one!

Aquarius said...

Love the colours on this tag - noticed you'd been 'missing' and pleased to hear you are OK. There just never seem to be enough hours in the days from time to time!

geezercrafter said...

Lovely tag Lesley, smashing colours. Great idea to add the Infusions with the modelling paste.

Unknown said...

Love the colours Lesley, must try adding brushos to grunge pasts.....

sam21ski said...

Glad you're back in the swing of things, great tag, fab colours xxx

Hazel Agnew said...

Go go go Lesley. Leaving me miles behind. The combo of greys and lilacs is stunning. Love what you have created. Xx

SusanLotus said...

Beautiful tag!

rachel said...

a truely beautiful tag - I adore it! Thankyou for joining us at Countryview Challenges and Goodluck! Hugs rachel x

Cec said...

Great tag. I especially like the iridescent look of the heart. This colour combination is just what my pre-teen Granddaughter chose for her bedroom when they moved - very chic and trendy. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
Hugs!
Cec