Friday 23 June 2017

A Birthday and a Bereavement.

Hello everyone

A quick post from me to share a couple of cards I made for recent events, one for a happy birthday and the other, sadly for a close friend whose Mum passed away.  These are both quite simple cards but I was particularly pleased with them.

First the birthday card which was for our Son's lovely Mum-in-Law.


It was a difficult card to photograph really to get the fab effect of the butterflies which are cut using a new die I bought recently at the StampMagic show.  There is a background layer created using PaperArtsy Infusions then the diecut layer placed over the top with the wings lifted. The large butterfly is a mini Tim Holtz/Sizzix die cut from the same Infusions background and overstamped with a PaperArtsy Mini script stamp.
 

A different angle to try and show the dimension.  It still doesn't show it too well with being white but the effect is lovely and I was really pleased I'd bought this die from Chloe's stand.  The stamped sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque.


My second card is one of those inevitable ones we crafters wish we did not to have to make but I always try to take extra care to keep them simple and elegant when I do.

This was a simple case of stamping the beautiful Penny Black stamp (another StampMagic purchase this time from Snazzy's) with Watering Can Archival Ink, then the sentiment from Chocolate Baroque and finally layering onto a co-ordinating matt before sticking it to the card base.
 

I absolutely love this elegant stamp and the clever dimensional effect given by the cut of the rubber.  Val, the owner of Snazzy's had two or three other designs in the same range and it was so difficult just choosing one.  I think I might have to have at least one more!  

It has been so hot over the past week making my conservatory craftroom unbearable until too late in the evening for much crafting to be done but we (or might that just be me) are looking forward to a much cooler weekend so I'm hoping to have some playtime this weekend.

Thanks for dropping by and until next time........

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

10 comments:

Margaret Iddon said...

They are both beautiful Lesley

snazzyoriginal said...

Two beautiful cards Lesley but the sympathy with one is just stunning.

Kathyk said...

Beautiful makes, particularly the sympathy card - popped across to your blog following a link from Snazzy's post on facebook

Kathyk

Lynne K said...

Both absolutely beautiful, Lesley. Off to investigate those Snazzy's stamps! No, not just you, I'm glad it's cooler too! xx

Lynne K said...

Both absolutely beautiful, Lesley. Off to investigate those Snazzy's stamps! No, not just you, I'm glad it's cooler too! xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Beautiful elegant cards Buddy, very much a case of less is more. Love the infusions colours you have chosen on the first, and the grey on the second is just perfect. Judith xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Lesley, I love the colours peeking out from behind on the first.

Sue xx

Helen said...

Lesley both cards are just gorgeous. I am definitely looking forward to a cooler weekend!!

Aquarius said...

Two beautiful cards as always. I'm with you on welcoming the cooler weather, the extreme heat just wipes me out!! So much 'crafty' time has been wasted this last week.

UplayOnline said...

the sympathy with one is just stunning.


ดูหนัง