Wednesday 10 May 2017

Oops I forgot!

Morning All,

And what a gorgeous morning it is here in North Notts....about time too!  The awful northerly wind has gone to be replaced by a gentle breeze and glorious sunshine. It's not too hot so perfect weather for me that certainly makes you feel more like being smiley, lol!

Last Saturday was my birthday and a week or so before, Leandra over at PaperArtsy shared a link to an Infusions class being given by Sandra Botham at Art From the Heart in Harrogate.  Now, I've had my Infusions more or less since PaperArtsy first started making them so I'm pretty comfortable with them anyway but I liked the look of the projects and thought it would be a nice way to spend a few hours on my birthday.  It also gave me the perfect excuse to travel up the day before and spend some time with my daughter and her family...... lots of smiles and cuddles from 3 of my beautiful grandchildren!  As I thought, the class was lovely, very chilled and I came away with some smashing backgrounds plus a couple of nearly complete projects.  I'll share them all with you another time.

For this post I have a couple of birthday cards that I forgot to share last week after they landed with their recipients.

The first was for my friend Hazel



As regular visitors will know I've been been having fun using up some lovely backgrounds I found recently during my clearout and this was one I particularly liked made with Glimmer Mists.  The colours are fairly unusual for me and I think that's why I liked it so much.  I did some simple stamping and embossing with white ep using Artemio stamps then added touches of Stickles Stardust.


I mounted the piece onto coordinating cardstock then used my new TH/Sizzix wildflower dies to cut from two coordinating colours of card.  The greeting was also diecut.  I arranged it all on my cardbase and job done.


The second card was for another crafting friend, Sally.


For this one I masked off a strip across my cardbase and blended two shades of my new gorgeous Distress Oxides, then sprinkled water droplets to dabb off some of the colour.  I stamped the silhouette border which is a new to me stamp by Bee Crafty that I picked up at Ally Pally last month.


Although you can hardly see it I did stamp the Inkylicious moon image as if it were rising over the flower strip but I used a very pale colour and then spritzed the card with pearl glimmer mist which almost obliterated it.    I stamped the sentiment then added two narrow strips of ribbon.


I'll be back later today with another couple of makes which I want to enter into challenges.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

2 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

My card is a real treasure Lesley. Just to think that the wonderful background was waiting so long for its crowning glory!
Love the other one as well, can see the moon, it looks fabulous! Great makes. Xx 😊

sam21ski said...

Stunningly gorgeous Lesley, absolutely love the top one, it's so colourful and got so much going on xx