Wednesday 10 May 2017

Everything's coming up Butterflies!


I'm back .....

.....for the second of three posts today!

I've made three ATCs for a swap for the UK Stampers Forum (not just for crafters in the UK) this month were the theme is 'I've got butterflies'.  There couldn't be a better theme for me as I might just have a 'few' butterfly stamps knocking around my craftroom, lol!  Add to those the new Distress Oxide inks with which I am in love and I was in seventh heaven.  The Forum is a lovely group, growing daily with beginners and experienced stampers alike.  It's full of inspiration with some lovely swaps and challenges so why not look them up on Facebook.

They all started out with blended Oxide backgrounds which I sprinkled with water and dabbed with paper towel.  Stamping was then done with Black Archival ink.


This first one simply had a few touches of Sakura gold sparkle pen before edging in Walnut Stain Oxide and adding a bit of Frantage on the corners and a Chit Chat word.


The second one had some of the colour removed with a wet paintbrush before once again adding a bit of subtle gold sparkle, walnut stain edging and Frantage.


The third one is my favourite I think.  Same methods as the other two but with a few dots of white pen added as well.


I really enjoyed these quick makes and I like them so much I think I need to make three more for me, lol! 

I'm entering them into a couple of lovely challenges....

http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/may-butterflies-fairies-and-fantasy.html

http://thatscraftychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/bright-challenge.html 

Another post .....yes, 3 in one day, lol...... coming up later.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

7 comments:

Lynne K said...

Absolutely love these, Lesley, they're so gorgeously bright and colourful. The distress oxides really do make the perfect background, don't they? And then your added sparkle takes them to another level. Thanks for sharing them with us at Stamping Sensations. xx

brenda said...

These are all beautiful Lesley and so prefect for our theme, you have used some of my favourite colous of oxide inks, I am smitten with wilted violet and cracked pistachio - they go together so well as your lovely creation prove.

Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations again this month and sharing your creativity with us.

B x

pinky said...

Amazing work, love your colour choices. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

sam21ski said...

These are fantastic Lesley, so pleased you are loving your oxides xx

Kirsten said...

Beautiful ATCs.

Sally H said...

stunning ATCs for our 'Butterflies, Fairies and Fantasy' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, Lesley. I knew you would love the theme! Gorgeous oxide backgrounds too...I need all the colours! Thanks for sharing them with us and Good Luck!

Sylvia said...

Stunning ATC's, Lesley.Love them all.Beautiful couleurs and stamps.I have become follower.

Gr, Sylvia.