........... and thank you for coming back to see details of my project for PaperArtsy's latest #3UP challenge.
I have used PaperArtsy products throughout, JoFY 22 being the set of stamps I requested to work with and supplementing with stamps from JoFY 24, another of the new releases which I already had and one of Jo's stencils. I used JoFY Limited Edition Fresco Finish paints supplemented with Snowflake and Eggplant. I also used Satin & Metallic Glazes mixed together, Gloss Glaze, Grunge Paste and Treasure Gold.
I started off with one of my favourite substrates, a wide framed Ikea mirror, first covering it with Snowflake FF and then adding the JoFY Limited Edition colours first with a brush and then using a sponge for the darker layers blending out from the bottom left. Halfway through I thought it looked a blooming mess, lol!
I then used stencil 007, sponging FF to create the bullrushes (?) and then flipping it upside down and using Grunge Paste in the top left corner. While that was drying I stamped the toadstool border from JoFY 24 along the bottom with black Archival ink and painted them with the FF paints, mixing them to get the shades I wanted. I also added white highlights with a Posca Pen.
I then replaced the stencil over the dried Grunge Paste & added Royal Amethyst & Pewter TG and when this was dry & buffed, I sponged Dusty Teal FF again through the stencil. When that was dry I buffed again and got lovely soft gleams of TG through the paint on the high spots.
Next, I stamped loads of flowers, leaves, the tag, number 1 and heart from JoFY 22 onto card (it would have been PaperArtsy Smoothy card but I hadn't been to Ally Pally at this point to buy any, lol) with Stazon Royal Purple and cut them all out. I cut them out before painting so that the white raw edges got coloured too and then I mixed up the paints again to get my chosen shades. When they were dry I gave all the flowers and leaves a coat of mixed Pearl & Metallic Glazes which has given them all a lovely shimmer. The tag I left matt and the 1 & heart got coated in Gloss Glaze. I then set about layering and arranging all the elements around the mirror using heavy gel to adhere. The addition of some buttons tied with thick cotton thread and a snippet of co-ordinating ribbon for the tag finished it all off.
A rather nice thing happened as a result of this being out on my workdesk. We unfortunately had a bad leak on the dining room radiator and the chap who came to replace it saw the mirror and asked if I took commissions. I said it depended what he wanted and I had to laugh when he said he wanted a plaque for the door to a WC, lol! Apparently he and his wife bought a canal long boat to renovate together and the bathroom and toilet have just been replaced (kitchen is next) and he wants something a bit different to put on the WC door. I thought he might want traditional barge style decorations but apparently he doesn't like them and much preferred my JoFY mirror style. He made me laugh when he said he's a bit of a wuss and loves flowers! So I have one on the go and watch this space in the next week or two for pics. It's a good job he said there was no rush, lol!
Well, I hope you liked my #3UP mirror and thanks for visiting today. See you again soon ....