Tuesday 24 March 2009

A Card for My Lovely Mum

This is the card I made for my Mum for Mother's Day. I'm afraid the colours look a little dull in the photo but that's my poor photography.

This is the first 'big' card I've made folding an A3 size base card in a soft pearlised grey into an A4 card and I blended Brilliance inks in Pearlescent Orchid, Lime, Lavender and a touch of Ice Blue and then stamped the gorgeous scroll corners. For the life of me I can't remember which inkpad I used for the corners or the main image and flowers but I did clear emboss everything but the individual flowers. I stamped the main collage image onto some rainbow card and the separate flowers onto a piece of Artylicious paper from my recently received Graphicus Guild pack and then added touches of Inktense pencils to the centres of the flowers. I embossed a piece of Cor'dinations and lightly sanded it and distressed the edges and then matted this and the main image onto some co-ordinating pearlised card. I used a Kreaxions punch to create a pretty edge down the remainder of the printed paper and layered this over a strip of pearlised card to make it more noticeable.

I did this in a bit of a hurry so I didn't have time to decorate the inside as I usually do but Mum loved it just the same. But then she would because she's MY MUM!

Materials Used

All stamps from the Elusive Images Butterfly and Daisy Collage Themeplate, Derwent Inktense Pencils and Brilliance Inkpads from Graphicus.

Cuttlebug embossing folder and Cor'dinations card from Once Upon a Stamp.

The pretty punch and pearlised card were purchased from various papercraft shows and, as usual, I haven't a clue who from.




7 comments:

Jo said...

Up to your usual high standards. You do the big card really well. You've done your mum proud.

sheffsue said...

A beautiful card....any mum would have been proud to receive that.

Sue x

Jules said...

Hi Lesley - love your card. Especially the corners. You have put a lot of work into this card and I bet your Mum will treasure it always.

I can't imagine doing a card that big!!

Love Jules xx

Theresa Momber said...

Gorgeous, Leslie! I love all the delicate flowers.

Shirley said...

A very lovely card too! She will love it! I really like what you did with the creative layers and the flowers are gorgeous too!

Shirley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Phree said...

Stunning card, love all the detail you have added to it, no wonder your Mum loved it.