Wednesday 11 May 2016

Playing hookey in my little journal!

Hi Everyone,

One of my purchases from the PaperArtsy stand at the Happy Stampers show (Port Sunny) last Saturday was a set of Crayola Slick Stix crayons and today after seeing some lovely inspiration from my friend Hazel (do pop over to her blog) in a FB group we're in I dropped the idea of chores in favour of a playtime, lol!

I decided it was time my lovely little journal, a gift from another fab friend Sam (another blog well worth a visit), was long overdue some tlc.....I still can't get into this journaling lark, lol!  Anyway, here is the result and I'm very pleased with it for a first time tryout.


I had already spritzed some left over Fresco Finish sprays I made for another project ages ago and also some stencilled Grunge Paste so I started adding scribbles of the crayons (brown, orange, turquoise/blue and purple with touches of green) and blending them with my finger.  I found if I lightly damped my finger on a babywipe I could blend them a little easier.  They are water soluble but I didn't want to make them wet in this instance. 


When I was happy with the colours ....and I was very happy because I thought it looked very rusty ;-).....I did a little stamping with Archival Inks and 3 PaperArtsy mini stamps I also bought on Saturday.


I stamped the quote from a PA Urban Snapshots set and the final touch was to use some Christine Adolph (for Prima) adhesive rub ons also bought from PaperArtsy on Saturday with some gilding.  

  
I love this little flower mini!

What a lovely playtime that was....much better when you know you're playing hookey ;-)!

See you again soon.
Hugs
Lesley  Xx







7 comments:

sam21ski said...

Love how you've used the crayolas to create the background, glad you got them to blend okay. Great that you've used some of your new stash from PS. Thanks for mentioning my blog and glad to see you are still using your little book xxx

Suzi B said...

Fabulous, colourful pages Lesley... I need to check out the slick sticks xx

Claire said...

Lovely pages - the colours look great! Sounds like you had fun creating them too :-)

Helen said...

I love this page, Lesley! the colours are gorgeous. Must have a proper play with my slick stix, soon.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Wow this is gorgeous xx

Ruth said...

Gorgeous pages Lesley.... Love this colour combo. Hugs Ruth xx

Etsuko said...

Amazing pages Lesley!! Wonderful results of the crayon, it's a brilliant colours. Fantastic your stencil work and the rub on too. xx