Tuesday 20 February 2018

Shades of warmer climes!

Hi Everyone,

I hope the week is treating you all kindly.   Today I have a tag to share which I made for this month's UK Stampers Forum swap on FB. 


I'd already created the background when I was trying to get my bottle of Goosebumps texture spray to work.  I'd managed to unclog the spring in the top but the nozzle still wouldn't 'spray' and instead spat out big blobs of the liquid so I tipped the tag to let the blobs run.  This created a resist over which I blended Distress Oxides.  I then did a little stencilling using Oxides again and finally some stamped images from Chocolate Baroque both top and bottom.


The gorgeous lizard is from a totally new set of stamps called Creepers and Crawlers from Illusionary Artists (France Papillon design and manufactured by Chocolate Baroque).  I stamped it onto some tissue using a couple of different Archival inkpads and tore round the image before applying it to the tag with Golden Matte Gel Medium.  Now, I have no idea where the tissue came from but am sure it was wrapping I saved from something and it turns out it was really strong and quite thick so when I stuck it on the tag it didn't blend into the background too well.  I ended up quite liking the effect as it reminded me of when you stand on wet sand and the water squeezes out around your feet so my little lizard is in his own little puddle on a hot sandy beach, lol!  The words are from another new set from France Papillon too.

See you again in a day or two.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

6 comments:

Helen said...

I really love that lizard and your Goosebump splatter/drips are great too. Wonderful tag.

geezercrafter said...

Wonderful tag Lesley, love those colours.

Tracey T said...

I love the colours of this and the droplets are super, need some resist. I like your white shadow round the lizard, thought it was painted xx

Miriam said...

This is amazing Lesley....love it!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic tag Lesley, I love the effect of the goosebump drips, they look great.

Sue xx

Etsuko said...

This is wonderful tag Lesley. Love your imagination of the lizard world, puddles gives movement to this tag and is so interest. xx