Saturday 3 February 2018

Backing up a bit!

Morning Everyone,

It's a proper miserable day here and everywhere is sodden with rain.  Such a shame after yesterday's very cold but bright sunny day.  It's a good day to stay in and craft though, lol!

As I said in my last post I jumped ahead to share scrap page so today I'm going to share my #2 prompt make which was a tag together with another tag I made just for fun with some exciting new stamps from a new collaboration.

The prompt for #2 was 'Wings' and I have a ton of stuff I could have used, from wooden wings, metal, rusted metal, stamps by the hundred and all shapes and sizes but I was a bit busy and that week and didn't look at it until the eleventh hour and ended up making a tag where the wings definitely didn't take centre stage.  It was a fun make though!


I blended my beloved Oxide Inks on the background then stamped the Dylusions girl onto the tag and again onto some pieces of different 7 Dots Studio papers that were out on my workdesk.  I did a little pencil colouring where necessary, as on her face but I ought to have gone over it again tbh as I did it in artificial light so for fear of adding too much colour I actually left her rather pale....it's all this rain, she needs some sun!   I then stamped the circles and border along the bottom....both Dylusions stamps


I also stamped the wings part of the girl several times onto the dp and then cut everything out and paper pieced it all over the image.  I added some Glossy Accents to some of the circles and stuck the spare wings into it and then added a few touches of white highlights ....once the accents were dry, lol! I doubled up with this tag by using it as my swap tag in UK Stampers Forum on FB.  


My second tag share was created using some gorgeous new stamps from a collaboration between France Papillon and Andy Skinner.  They have collaborated to form Illusionary Artists and their stamps are being manufactured by one of my very favourite companies, Chocolate Baroque.  You can order the stamps from CB (which is where I got mine), France or Andy.  I've only bought France's designs so far because I will use them more but Andy's are fabulous too.  Very different genre for CB and well worth a look.  This tag is all I've had time to play with so far but itching to use the lovely lizards on the Creepers and Crawlers set.


After watching a video of Tim Holtz demoing his 'new' texture spray at the Creativation trade show a couple of weeks ago I remembered some texture spray I bought years ago made by Tsukineko, called Goosebumps.  Apart from a tentative squirt I had never used this spray because back then I hadn't discovered mixed media and had no idea what to do with it.  I dug it out from the back of the cupboard fully expecting it to have solidified but Yay! it hadn't.  The nozzle was a bit bunged up and after much soaking in hot water it still came out in blobs which gave me a fab effect when I let it run but I decanted some into another spray bottle and it worked perfectly.  I'm pretty sure with the same results as Tim's too so that's saved me a bit of money, lol!

Anyway, I sprayed a little of the Goosebumps onto my tag, let it dry and then blended various Distress Oxides over the top before polishing it off with a paper towel to reveal the resist.  I then used Watering Can Archival ink to lightly stamp one of France's text stamps from London New York set, followed by stamping the moth/butterfly from Creepers and Crawlers using the same Oxides as the background.


I then stamped the moth onto separate card and coloured it with co-ordinating pencils, cut it out and added it to the tag.  The words come from another France set, Perfect Words!  Really love this pretty tag as it reminds me it can't be too long to Spring......can it?

Sorry to have waffled a bit about the Goosebumps but it just might remind a few folk they have a bottle lurking in a drawer or cupboard 😄.  That's it from me for today.  Have a fab weekend everyone and see you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

3 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Love them both Lesley. Both so fresh and bright. Great step by step instructions as well. Never heard of the Goosebumps, but glad that you discovered it. You have created a lovely effect with it.
Not played with my Dyan girls for ages....need to look them out now! Xx

Helen said...

Fantastic tags Lesley.. Will look properly on the pc at home

Helen said...

come back as promised to look again... definitely better for seeing them on a bigger screen... I am 99% sure I don't have any of the Goosebumps spray! great result though.