Tuesday 14 November 2017

And......... Catch up #3!

Hi Everyone,

Once again I'm catching up on recent makes and this time it's the turn of some fun projects made using Tracey Easson's quirky, whimsical girls and other images that she designs for Which Craft under the banner Wonky Tonk stamps.  Several weeks ago I went to a really fun workshop with Tracey's run by Sue who organises some amazing workshops at Art Workshops in Stockton.  My friend Hazel and I went up the night before, had a nice relaxing evening and then the workshop on the following day.

There were three projects planned for the day, a fabric cover for a little notebook, and larger fabric piece which could be used to make a cushion, decorate a bag or make a wall hanging or framed piece for example.  My larger project is nowhere near finished yet but it's coming along really well and I don't rush anything, lol!  I will finish it though once my Christmas cards are done.  The third project was a fabric brooch which I have totally forgotten to take a pic of so I'll try to remember to add it to my other project when it's finished.

Tonight I'm sharing the notebook cover from the workshop.


We stamped one of Tracey's lovely girls onto fabric and painted her with DecoArt paints.  Stamped the body part again onto patterned fabric then glued it to the main piece before adding some stitching and that was about as far as I got in the workshop being the slowcoach that I am, lol!
 

When I got home I started layering and piecing together pieces of fabric from our kit together with bits of lace, ribbon and buttons from my stash.  The most difficult part for me was being random and 'wonky' with my stitching.  Having done C&G Fashion and Design years ago and lots of garments making where precise and neat stitching was a must 'wonky' is so not in my mindset, lol!


I am sooooo happy with the way this turned out and it makes me smile every time I pick it up.  Hopefully, it won't be too long before I can started creating inside the book with more of Tracey's lovely imagery as Hazel has done with hers.......she must have done about 5 or 6 different fab pages already and needs to blog them so we can all see.....ARE YOU LISTENING HAZEL.....I'M SHOUTING!!!  😄


My second project tonight is a card I made for a friend who had recently moved house.  I was rather late sending this card but I knew I wanted to use one of Tracey's fab Wonky Tonk houses and had to wait to go to StampMagic at Doncaster to get the set of stamps I needed.


 I stamped the image in Archival Ink and I think I coloured it with Zig markers and a waterbrush but to be honest, I can't remember now, lol!


I added some little spots of the colours over the card by flicking them from a fan brush.  I really love Tracey's range of stamp designs and they are a change for me as I don't normally do whimsical faces but for these beautiful girls I will make an exception any day of the week!


That's all for tonight folks.  See you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx
 


6 comments:

Lin said...

Nice to see you've blogged again Lesley I love your notebook cover and can't wait to see the other projects finished. And thank you so much for the card I love it and it is even better in real life xxx

Helen said...

couldn't comment from my phone and I didn't see this till I was in bed... I love that girl on your notebook, and the card is fantastic.

Aquarius said...

Great notebook cover - a pleasure to look at each time you use it. Love the quirky girl with blue hair. As for the wonky house - brilliant!!

Hazel Agnew said...

Haha Lesley, I can hear you. Done 7 pages now in my little book and haven't blogged any. Your book cover makes me smile too, it's so beautiful. Lots of love gone into it and great ideas from Tracey Easson.

Your Wonky House is lovely too. Obviously Lin loved it too.
Keep blogging, loving your creations! Xx 😊

Clare said...

Your book cover is stunning! I love the wonky stitching I could help there my sewing skills are few. The wonky house card is so cute. Wonderful projects! Clare x x x

Words and Pictures said...

I love Tracey's work and her Wonky Tonk images - how lovely to do a workshop with her and what a glorious notebook cover. Beautiful colours and wonderful fabric textures. I love the wonky house card too.

I'll be back soon to pay a proper visit to Chatsworth - just scrolling through I'm already in love with the book page street scene (and I'll have to send Cestina to take a look at that too, what with all the dollshouse connections!).
Alison x
P.S. I've just sent you an email to the aol address on your blogger page. If that's not working any more, let me know.