Tuesday 15 November 2016

Whoops, I nearly forgot........

.....it's the first of November's Quick Cards posts over on the Chocolate Baroque DT Blog!

Morning All,

I completely forgot I had a couple of quick and very easy cards oveer on the CB blog today.  As we have Christmas getting ever closer and this year I am even more behind with my preparations than usual due to my slow op recovery putting a major spanner in the works, quick Christmas cards always come in handy and Chocolate Baroque have some stunning Christmas stamps suitable for every style.  Just hop over to their website and enter 'Christmas stamps' in the search bar....gorgeous!


Anyway, for my first card I simply stamped the beautiful tree onto a diecut shape, embossed with sparkly embossing powder then coloured in with some water based metallic paints. I dusted around the tree using Pine Needles Distress Ink.  After sticking the image to the card base with double sided tape I stamped and embossed the sentiment and used the same but smaller dieshape to cut it out before adding it to the card using 3D foam along with some ribbon.


My second card was even quicker!  I stamped the image onto the diecut shape using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and pulled in some of the colour with a water brush.  I then added a little grey watercolour shading around the image, edged with Vintage Photo and stuck it to the card base with 3D foam.  I then stamped the sentiment at the bottom, risking all if it had gone wonky, lol!

Do pop over to the Chocolate Baroque DT blog as there is loads of fabulous inspiration from the team members if you need a card or two in a hurry.

See you again soon.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx



5 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards! Can't beat quick and simple at Christmas!!

Aquarius said...

Always handy to have quick ideas for Christmas cards - these trees are each great in different ways.

sam21ski said...

Great idea if you need to make a few xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Lesley, you would never guess that they were quick and easy cards.

Sue xx

Etsuko said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Lesley!! Love them all. xx