Sunday 1 May 2016

PaperArtsy Challenge #8 - White Space

Hi Everyone,

I know posts/makes here have been very thin on the ground in recent weeks but I'm afraid a potentially serious family emergency took priority for a couple of weeks.  I can't quite relax yet but hopefully things are back on track until our new grandchild arrives in a couple of months.

So, quite literally by the skin of my teeth, I have made a quick entry for the current PaperArtsy Blog Challenge of White Space which closes in just over half an hour.  I am sorry not to have had time to play with this topic because it's one I love but failing that I decided to play along with Wanda's inspiration from last night's post HERE!  I loved the cards she designed and this is what I came up with.




Wanda used Fresco Finish paints for her splash of colour in the corner but I decided to dig out my alcohol inks instead (not used these in eons) and applied the same technique but adding blending solution instead of water.  I came up with a few quick backgrounds on different coated card but this was my favourite colour mix.  I then looked for a stamp I could turn into a silhouette as I don't have the Ellen Vargo ones Wanda used.  I decided to use Lin Brown's tulip (ELB23) which I love, stamped and embossed ala Wanda and coloured them in with a black Sharpie.  The quote is from a Sara Naumann set (ESN11) and I chose is because there are lots of imperfections on this hastily made card.  I popped it up a bit with 3D foam, edged the whole piece with black Sharpie and stuck it to a white base card.

Righty Ho!  Off to link up and then get dinner ready.  See you sooner rather than later I hope.  Have a good bank holiday Monday everyone in the UK.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

9 comments:

Helen said...

Love your take on Wanda's card. the alcohol ink background is great. I haven't done anything for this topic either, though I did mean to... not sure why I didn't get round to it!

Julie Lee said...

Love this, Lesley! The alcohol inks look wonderful! I do hope all is sorted now. xx

Craftyfield said...

Great idea to switch to alcohol inks, makes it more "you" and stop the inks languishing at the back of a drawer (like mine...). Well done for finding the time to make something, hope the recovery will be prompt and complete!

Hazel Agnew said...

It might be hasty but it's pretty damn good Lesley! Xx

Art By Wanda said...

It's a beautiful card, Lesley!!!!

rachel said...

beautiful work Lesley - gorgeous xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous alcohol ink backdrop and the tulips stand out beautifully. A great design Lesley.
Hugs Brenda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Lesley, fabulous design, Kate x

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous white space card - the colours are stunning and the black tulips so dramatic!

Hope all will stay well with your family.
Alison x