Wednesday 9 March 2016

PaperArtsy Challenge #5 ....OMG this is so not me, lol!

Morning everyone,

I had a play last night with something waaayyyyy out of my comfort zone, lol!  The current PaperArtsy Blog challenge is Artdolls.  Firstly I have to be honest and say it's one form of crafting that has never interested me to include in my makes but I decided to have a go (such as it is ;D) and as I was going out of my comfort zone with topic I also decided to go the whole hog and use a mish mash of bright colours.  I was actually trying to make myself use clashing colours but somehow, I don't really think I succeeded there, lol!  This challenge, Darcy did a great intro post over on the blog on Sunday and the inspiration has already kicked off with a quirky doll from Gabrielle Price on Monday.

I used a size 10 tag, Lynne Perella stamps, Fresco Finish paints, Distress Inks, stencils and an arm and legs cut from a fashion catalogue and this is what I came up with as an entry to the challenge.


It's absolutely hammering down with rain this morning so it's taken some of the brightness from the colours when I added light to the pics.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.....  I'm off to link up and then, wouldn't you know it, I'm off to the hairdresser's.......in the rain!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

14 comments:

sam21ski said...

Ooooh Lesley, get you xx

Rebecca said...

Well done Lesley it's good to push yourself sometimes
Happy craftin
Rebecca

Hazel Agnew said...

Crikey Lesley.....well done you! A great success, love the mishmash, it really works! Good to try something different! Xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fab, Lesley, it doesn't look like you are out of your comfort zone at all but then you have the skills for anything! Well done for being the first to link up!

Lucy x

Aquarius said...

You've done a grand job here even if it is outside your comfort zone - great work. Relentless rain and wind here all day, hope your hairdo didn't suffer too much.

Helen said...

well done Lesley your tag looks great... hope your hairdo survived the trip back from the hairdresser - isn't that always the way!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure this is outwith your comfort zone!
It is fabulous, full of character.
Wishes
Lynne

Etsuko said...

Lovely tag Lesley, fab your mishmash background and LP lady's your image. xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

So different for you Lesley, but sometimes it's good to be different. I love it.

Sue xx

sue :) said...

If you can achieve this stunning tag outside your comfort zone you can achieve anything. Fab Tag. X

craftytrog said...

Love, love, love this Lesley!!! It's brilliant, and so inspiring!
Happy Sunday!
Alison xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

She's great. I love her tasselled skirt. Lx

Annie said...

Your Art Doll is fantastic Lesley and I know what you mean..its my first attempt at an Art Doll too and a very different style....but I am loving the challenge

TFS and best wishes
Annie xx

Words and Pictures said...

Well, I don't know - it may not feel like you, but it's totally fabulous! Love your quirky doll and the great colours. We're working 2 - 11pm today so just time to dash round and wish you a happy Easter!
Alison x