Tuesday 1 March 2016

A nice little weekend play....................

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I didn't get to post over the weekend as I'd hoped.  I did get this project finished but didn't get chance to take pics or blog it.  As it is I've taken the photos tonight so they're not brilliant (apologies) but as least you get to see the sparkle better than in daylight ;-).

While I was searching for something else I came across one of the MDF Man's hearts which I had already painted with Fresco Finish Paints and Crackle Glaze topped off with some shimmery misting (probably Glimmer Mists) so I decided it was just crying out to be finished off using my pretty, new Kay Carley stamps from the latest PaperArtsy releases.


Most of the stamping was done with Archival Inks except for the dandelions in the background which were stamped using Snowflake Fresco Finish paint.  The tiny flowers were coloured with Copics and the butterfly was stamped onto card and coloured with pencils before cutting it out and attaching to the heart.
 

Finally I added tiny spots of Stickles, dark blue on the alliums and diamond on the dandelions.

Short and sweet from me again tonight ;-).  I'm trying to decide whether to have an hour or so crafting or carry on moodling about online...... it's lashing down with rain ....again...... which means it will be hammering on the craftroom (conservatory) roof!  According to my OH we could well wake up to snow in the morning... lurvely ...NOT!!!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

6 comments:

Helen said...

this is beautiful, and it's lovely to see it so shimmery here! Hope it doesn't wake snowy, wet is bad enough!!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

So beautiful Lesley, I love the colours you've used. The rain has made it's way down south overnight, it's now hammering on my roof.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Lesley, I love your pretty heart, what beautiful colours and stamped images, that tiny butterfly is gorgeous.
We had snow overnight too, and it's chucked down rain all day too, so dark, lamps on in the middle of the day.....it can only get better, Kate x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Lesley, love the shimmer and the colours. We've had snow showers all afternoon, fortunately haven't stayed, and it is perishing cold, hope you are warm

Aquarius said...

love these stamps and what pretty colours you've used - great

Words and Pictures said...

What a magical springtime make - simply charming!
Alison x