Wednesday 10 February 2016

Take one Flower ...My 2nd Guest Designer stint on the Chocolate Baroque Blog.

Hello All,

Crikey I've not started my blogging year off very well have I?  To be fair to myself I have been creating but it's stuff I can't share yet for various reasons and haven't had time to make something just for fun.

Well, today I have a card to share which I have created for the first of my Guest Designer spots this month over on the Chocolate Baroque DT Blog.


I started with a white 15 cm square card base and used a brush to dust all over with dye ink.  Confession time now.....I can't remember what colour inks I used but I do remember one was Adirondak and one was Distress Ink, lol!  I then positioned a butterfly stencil and again used my brush to deepen the colours deliberately not going for a solid, even look.  When the ink was dry I used a Sakura sparkle pen to partially outline the butterflies and to finish the background I spritzed all over with Dew Drop Glimmer Mist.  Unfortunately it has been so dull and gloomy here most of the time recently and the sparkle is very subtle (just the way I like it, lol), I couldn't catch it in the photos.

I then stamped the two flowers and the leaf x 3 from the lovely Tangled Garden stamp set onto separate card and coloured them with Spectrum Noir pencils, added little highlights of the Sakura Sparkle pen and cut them out.  I layered up the flower and glued it and the leaves onto my base card.


As is my usual habit, I left it till the rest of the card was finished before risking all and stamping the sentiment, from my favourite sentiments set, Amazing Birthday clear stamp set, directly onto the card base. 

I will have two more Wednesday spots on the Chocolate Baroque DT blog this month and hopefully a few more things as well so I hope you'll pop back when you can.

Thanks for your visit today.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

4 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Beautifully elegant Lesley.....love it...colours are fabulous...whatever they are....haha! Xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

A beautiful card Lesley, just about my favourite colour combination, and you can't go wrong with butterflies and flowers, lol! Great to see you blogging here and on the DT blog, hugs, Judith xx

cuilliesocks said...

It's a beautiful card Lesley, the images are lovely and your colours too, Kate x

Helen said...

this is a really beautiful card, Lesley - and I love the combination of colours.