Sunday 7 February 2016

PaperArtsy Blog Challenge #2 ......I made it!

Well Hello there......

.....long time, no see.......as they say!

I can't believe how long it is since I last managed to post something.  I do hope everyone is doing ok and surviving relatively unscathed by the awful weather we are still having here.  I know I always say I hate snow for the inconvenience of it but I think even that would be preferable to this incessant rain and terrible scary high winds.  Yesterday I was convinced my craftroom/conservatory roof was going to fly off and all my lovely craft stuff would be ruined but it's still in place ......for now ;D!

I haven't been idle on the crafting front over the past month but it's been stuff I haven't been able to show yet.  The rest of February will be a different kettle of fish starting today thank goodness and I actually managed an entry for the PaperArtsy Blog Challenge too.  Have you been watching Leandra's wonderful videos this past week?  She has been demoing live on Periscope (my new online addiction, lol) every night showing some wonderful painty techniques and introducing their new stamp releases.  OMG I want them ALL!!!  I think PaperArtsy designers go from strength to strength with each new release and there are two lovely new designers, Kay Carley and Kim Dellow who are now part of the PA family.  If you haven't been hooked yet do pop over to the blog and look at the past week's posts starting HERE.  The artwork from the designers and their wingmen has been stunning and such fantastic inspiration!

Anyway, enough of my waffle, here is my entry to Challenge #2 which has a theme of Hearts.  After watching Leandra's painty demos I decided to make a large tag and I used the very first set I bought of lovely Darcy's stamps.


I used Snowflake, Concrete, Slate and a spot of Blueberry Fresco Finish paints to create the brushed background.  The background stamping was done sing FF paints and I then stamped the images using Watering Can Archival Ink before painting them using Blueberry and London Bus.  The quote was stamped with Black Archival Ink.


I added a few tiny highlights with a white pen, a bit of sparkle to the zip and droplet with a Sakura clear sparkle pen and finally some Frantage embossing to the corners.

I'm off to link up to the PaperArtsy Challenge and also the Stamping Sensations Challenge which I saw from my friends Sally and Lynne's posts this morning has an 'Anything Goes' theme.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone and I hope you have chance to drop by later in the week.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

12 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Love the colour scheme Lesley...I don't have the Blueberry...yet! Great to see Darcy's fab stamps revisited!
The shading looks really good!
Great to see you up and at em again.....look forward to more fabulous art! xx

Craftyfield said...

Excellent choice of heart stamp, Darcy's is one of the most original I've seen! Beautiful tag.

Etsuko said...

Love this red heart is very great match the blue of background. xxx

Julie Lee said...

Great tag, Lesley! I really like the huge range of hearts there are to choose from these days - different shapes and designs abound. You've used Darcy's brilliantly here and I love the idea of adding sparkle to the zip.. I think I do have Blueberry in my stash. I must get it out and use it because it looks super on your tag. xx

Helen said...

Fantastic tag, Lesley and well done for getting a challenge entry made; I know what it's like somethings!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the colours you've used for this gorgeous tag Lesley and the stamps too. Like you I think snow would make a change from the rain, although some people have already had a taste, so far here in the south we've avoided that.

Sue xx

Viv said...

Gorgeous tag and a really nice colour scheme. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations
Viv (DT)

Aquarius said...

Missed seeing you in blogland but good to see you are still keeping craftily busy. Love this tag and I might need to check up on some of the things mentioned.

Sally H said...

A gorgeous tag, Lesley! Great colour scheme! I was only saying this morning how much I miss frost and crisp mornings. I'd scrape the car for hours if it meant some lovely sunshine!

sam21ski said...

Oooh, you made it, well done, great tag xx

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful tag!!!!!!

brenda said...

A super tag Lesley with great stamping and inking, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations February challenge.

B x