Well, I've not been very creative recently I'm afraid. A few family matters have been getting in the way recently but never mind my inks and stamps will still be there when I do get more free time. I did, however, still manage to get my C and D tags finished for the Chocolate Baroque Alphatag Swap this month. I haven't received my swaps yet but it's very exciting waiting for them to arrive and wondering which ones I'll be lucky enough to get from the fab creations that have gone in our Photobucket gallery today.
Anyway, today I'm going to share mine with you and this is my C for Catkins
I started with a large tag (Tim Holtz/Sizzix tag die), patted a blue and a green Distress inkpad onto my craft mat and then spritzed with water before dragging my tag through the ink. I then used an Archival inkpad to stamp the images from the Glorious Spring and Wild Meadow stamp sets. I added a little colour to the catkin branch with a fine brush and distress inks and finally a touches of Stickles Diamond glitter glue here and there. This was a really simple tag to do but I was really pleased with the little picture of the hare in his meadow.
My second tag for this month is D for Dancing Dragonfly
Er, confession time, lol! I can't fully remember how I did this one :-)!!!!!!! When will I learn to jot a few notes down before I send things off!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I started off by spritzing lightly with a mauve and a green Glimmer Mist spray onto a cream tag and then I think I added a bit of colour with Cut n Dry foam from an inkpad but maybe not. I then stamped the dragonfly and a small flourish round the edges using a mauve Archival inkpad and followed with the little quote using black Versafine. I then stamped the dragonfly once onto pale green vellum and once onto pale mauve and each time embossed with an interference pearl embossing powder. I then cut them out, added a little coloursoft pencil and then added a little Stickles to the wings, spreading it out with my finger. The wet glue caused the wings to curl but when they were dry I found by embossing them lightly with a ball tool I got them to behave as I wanted and I layered them ontop of each other onto the tag just gluing the bodies. I added the pearls as a finishing touch.
Once again I finished these by the skin of my teeth and for March we have THREE letters of the alphabet, eeek! I've started with all good intentions and I've already done my E tag but knowing me, F and G will be last minute again, lol!
Until next time, thank you so much for your visit. Take care everyone and I hope the sun smiles on you.