Sunday 25 April 2010

Here We Go Again!

I'm really sorry if I'm boring you with this series of male cards but unfortunately all my very close male family members have their birthdays very close together. This time the card is for the number 1 man in my life. He's the one who made my craftroom possible (by forking out the cost so thankyou my Love) and puts up with me spending hours in there. Actually, I think he's quite glad because I leave him in peace with the TV remote and I wander through the lounge every so often to make us a coffee, Lol!

As you can see I've used similar materials to my previous two men's cards except that I've used another TSS mould and paper from a fab Tim Holtz Retro pad that I bought when I was at Ally Pally. The papers (well they're really lightweight card) are gorgeous colours and perfect for men. I distressed the DP with a multi-pronged scratching tool and blended some Distress Ink round the edges and then over stamped with PaperArtsy stamps and some of the new Distress Inks.

All the stamps I've used are PaperArtsy, the roses and leaves are from the latest stamp releases which I bought from their stand at the NEC. This was my first attempt at making metal roses after watching Leandra demoing the technique (also at the NEC) and I'm chuffed to bits with the way they turned out. I had to put them on the bottom of the card though because they are quite heavy so the card wouldn't have stood up otherwise.


The only bit I'm not really pleased with is the sentiment which I tried to make as unobtrustive as possible because I had to use peel offs. I really must look for some good personal greetings stamps as the only 'Husband' one I have is not very nice. If anyone can recommend a set of really nice greetings for the loved ones in our lives I'd be very grateful.

I hope everyone has been enjoying the lovely sunshine we've been having over the past few days. This is just my sort of weather, nice and sunny but not hot. I definitely don't do hot! Yesterday I went up to my daughter's in Harrogate as she had asked me (and her Dad too, but he had to work unfortunately) to go with her and her partner, Tony to have a look at a possible Wedding venue. We went to look at the Sun Pavilion at Valley Gardens in Harrogate. I have seen it from the outside quite a few times but never inside and it's lovely. It has the most beautiful glass domed roof and a lovely central grand staircase. I'm not sure if they will decide to have the Wedding there or not as there are a few things that might not fit in with what they had in mind but it would be a wonderful setting for a Wedding so I hope the problems can be sorted.

I just thought I'd add this photo of the smallest paper rose I've made. Isn't it cute? All the people who have been making them for ages kept saying how addictive they are and I know what they mean now, Lol.



Many thanks to everyone who visits and takes time to leave a much valued comment. They really are appreciated and also it means I can visit you back.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

PS I NEARLY FORGOT!!

Glenda Waterworth, owner of Graphicus and Elusive Images has some gorgeous new rubber stamp plates up for grabs on her blog. There are four altogether and this is one of them. You have until the end of the month to leave a comment and be in with a chance of winning them.


Here's a photo of a Memories Box I made using a beautiful cross and flourish stamps from another of the plates. I tried to post a photo of the stamps but for some reason Mr Blogger wouldn't let me.


21 comments:

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is such a gorgeous card Lesley, the colours are beautiful. I love the green and copper colours together. The DP is fabulous. I have that mould, I must use it having seen your example of how great it looks. Your OH must have been pleased with this card. Stunning, Judith xxx

Love crafts forever said...

What a beautiful bold looking flowers. The colors are stanning. Love it.

Jules said...

Hi Lesley

Wow .. .. what a fantastic creations. I would never tire of seeing such beautiful work .. .. be it for a male or a female.

I love those gorgeous foil roses!!!

I hope your daughter manages to iron out any problems to enable her to have a wonderful wedding day! The Sun Pavilion sounds magical.

Love Jules xx

Suzi B said...

This is a great mans card. I love all your techniques... The challange at my local craft shop this month is " make a mans card" Mine is very simple! lol
Sue B x

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Lesley. I love it, and I won't tire of seeing these beautiful creations. I too need some decent greetings stamps, so if you find some you will have to let me know x

chris f said...

Hi Lesley! I love these men's cards you've been making - so clever and I'm sure they are thrilled when they get them. Glenda had some decent greetings out last year I think, but they are not specific to people e.g. son, husband etc.. You'll have to take up calligraphy to add to your many other talents so you can write or should I say inscribe your own.
Thanks for the kind comment on my key cabinet - we'll have to compare notes one day on our altered TKMaxx "masterpieces" Like you, I have a shelf full waiting to be done. One day.....

Val said...

Lesley - this is just brilliant. Love the metal embossing - you are just so clever. I have all the tools, some metal, but only a couple of molds. Must get some more and experiment a bit more.
Are you going to any of the ArtsyCrafty workshop that Lin/Leandra are hold in May?
Hugs
Valxx

Suzanne C said...

Don't stop! I am always needing masculine cards and struggling and yours are fabulous! So all the masculine cards you offer up are greatly inspirational! Lovely! The littlest rose is too sweet!

Suzanne C said...

All that and I forgot to tell you how beautiful your box is! Gorgeous!

Aquarius said...

That card is spectacular and the metal roses are brilliant - I'd not thought of making metal ones although I have made lots in paper. You are right they do become addictive (even the tiny ones)!! I used to use peel-offs all the time for sentiments but now I mostly either stamp them or produce them on the computer.

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Lesley,
You certainly aren't boring me with your fantastic male cards. This one is stunning!
Your flowers are amazing.
Have a great week.
Clare x

brenda said...

Hi Lesley

A real wow of a card and I'm more than impressed by those roses.

Have to confess I bought all the metal bits and peices, tools etc., back in December. It was meant to be a winter project, but as yet everything is still where it went when I got it home.

Yout tale of 'two rooms' sounds much like our house !

B x

Elaine said...

Stunning card Lesley. I can only aspire to do metal work to the standard you do. Those TH papers work brilliantly with the metal. I think the roses are fab too, and that little tiny one is just so gorgeous. Will you help me perfect my technique? I have only tried to make one once and it nearly got hurled across the room in frustration.

Your memory box is just delightful, such lovely soft colours and a lovely use of these new stamps.

Thanks for sharing thise projects.

Elaine xx

Anonymous said...

Gosh you are such an ispiration, i must find some of those roses they are gorgeous
love your mail card its fabulous and so is this pretty box
hugs June xxxxxxx

Janet said...

Lesley, when you are on a roll - go with it! This card is absolutely first class. Fancy doing one in a dark green or verdigris? (only kidding - not!)

Janet xx

Beryl said...

A fabulous card you've created for your husband Lesley. It's great to see good 'men' cards - so don't apologise. Your metal roses are fab - you really have got the hang of those roses - and the paper one. Tell me - does it get any quicker. I've only ever made a few and they take me ages.
Beryl xx

Jo said...

Lesley, what a fab piece of work! You are really hitting the spot with these men's cards. It's a real art to use metal pieces on cards and you are really making a wonderful job of it too. The paper adds a really iteresting look too. You must be so pleased with your roses. They are simply stunning.

Debbie said...

You have been busy since my last visit Lesley! I love all of the male cards you have made. The metal panels are so lush and the metal flowers are gorgeous.
Now that Jack has started school you will have to pop over and give me a few lessons!
Hugs
Debbie x

Debbie Dolphin said...

beautiful card lesley.I never have much of an imagination when it comes to male cards.I always end up buying one!!lol
Its not my birthday its my blogs!!Well nearly(mines in aug) ive changed itxxx
debbie xxxx

Anonymous said...

truly gorgeous work....I adore your creativity!

Isabelle Norris said...

This is just so beautiful! I love how you do those flowers. And those stamps.... yummy....
isa x