Sunday 5 October 2008

Birthday Card for Another VIP - My Daughter


These are photos of a card I made last week for my lovely Daughter, Jenna's birthday this weekend.
First of all I blended Weathered Wood and Milled Lavender DIs onto a linen effect base card then stamped a background using a stamp from Elusive Images Wild Meadow Themeplate and Broken China DI. I then embossed a piece of dark navy linen card using a Cuttlebug folder, sanded it and then sprayed with Glimmer Mists in Pearl, Jazz Blue and Rum Raisin. I already had a piece of background card which I had made a while ago using Mermaid Seashells Starburst Stains (available from The Stampman) so I used this to layer the embossed piece onto. I also stamped some flowers from EI Big Flowers plate using Sepia Versafine onto the same piece of Starburst Stains card, cut them out and added touches of Sakura Stardust Pens and shaped and curled them a little.
I blended the same DIs as before onto a large tag and sprayed with the same GMs and then stamped my new Paper Artsy Tag stamp (bought at Harrogate Papercraft show a couple of weeks ago but can't remember who from) using the Sepia Versafine. I did the first one by stamping the image before spraying with GMs but the mica did not stay on the Versafine but puddled on the unstamped areas which ended up making the pretty little girl look evil so I did it again and sprayed before I stamped - success! Finally I stamped flourishes (from a clear set whose make I cannot remember - possibly Hero Arts) off the edges of the tag stamp using Broken China DI and edged the tag with Sakura Gold Pentouch.
For my third main element I took a Grungeboard letter J, blended the inks I used before and then triple embossed and finally stamped into it with the previously used Wild Meadow stamp inked up with Brilliance tricolour pad - Aurora. I also edged this with the gold Pentouch.
I assembled all the elements onto the basecard and then arranged the cutout flowers, added clusters of tiny beads, ribbon and fibres and some lovely shell buttons (QVC) in different shapes and sizes.
Inside I used the same DIs and Wild Meadow stamp to create an insert which I then put through the printer to print my chosen wording.
I was quite pleased with how this card turned out and Jenna loved it and ......for once I have used a few items from different places along with my favourites. Hope anyone kind enough to look likes it too.










6 comments:

Phree said...

Oh what a beautiful card, so much work and love has gone into this, thank you for sharing how you made it!

veronica said...

Lesley, that is one gorgeous card! Love your colour scheme too

Paper Engineer said...

I just love what you have done here. Definitely a labour of love, but what a beautiful gift. Just fab, keep up the good work.

Deby said...

Stunning card xxx

PS. Yep I'm back !!! at long last !

InkyArtitude said...

What a stunning card! Love Crafty Individual's stamps too but you've really achieved something different with this one.

Shirley said...

Wow, what a lovely blog you have Lesley! Your tallent is just wonderful like Jane's. I love the flowers, the ribbong and the fiber on this card. It is just gorgeous!