Friday 22 June 2018

The Best of Friends.

Morning All!

It's another glorious day here and I am so grateful for the very strong breeze keeping the temperature manageable.......for now!  My craftroom is out of bounds though because we have a chappie demolishing our pergola (the wood has rotted) right outside so I can't open the doors and it's unbearably hot in there.  So, I thought I'd catch up with recording a recent make on here which I shared on social media a couple of weeks ago.

I created a card using two more of Darcy's new fun characters for PaperArtsy.  This time Cedric and Lola are two BFFs going for a walk amongst the flowers.


Once again I have been good and used up a previously made Distress Oxide background.  I stamped Cedric and Lola first using black Archival then stamped the other images around them using Distress Oxides.  I just love that I can get a beautifully stamped image with the oxides.


I used Polychromos pencils to colour Cedric and Lola and the flower centres and was delighted when I realised lots of the words from Darcy's two new sets fit perfectly into the centres.  I added a bit of white doodling and two more words from the new sets before edging the card with more Oxide ink and matting it onto the card base.

It was lots of fun to create this and I do love to be able to use my pencils on these quirky images.

Thanks for dropping by.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

4 comments:

Helen said...

It is a gorgeous card Lesley!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fabulous card Lesley, great stamps too.

Sue xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oh wow what a beautiful make with Darcy's stamps! I love the words in the middle of the flowers!

Lucy x

World of Animals, Inc. said...

Hey Lesley, we hope you are doing well. We just like to say we really enjoyed this post on how you made this card. It's very beautiful and we hope to see more fabulous work from you in the future. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful day.
World of Animals