My final catch up post is some tags I made just for fun whilst trying out some fab new stamps from Aall & Create.
This first one was a tag I created the background on several years ago so as usual I'm not sure what with. It looks like Oxides but can't be because I made it before Oxides came out so possibly Distress Inks smooshed and spritzed on my craft mat. I have added a bit of splattering with white Glimmer Mist spray and Crafty Notions white chalk spray.
I inked up a particular section of an A4 size stamp by Tracy Evans for Aall & Create and pressed the tag down onto it. You rarely get a perfect stamped image that way but that was ok for me as I wanted a more distressed look. I die cut a circle from black card and heat embossed with some 'new to me' Wow semi matt ep and stuck it over one of the stamped circles. I highlighted the word ART with white pen and added some stencilling with the same pen using one of AA&C stencil. The butterflies are from another AA&C stamp which I stamped onto some red card and cut out. I added some shimmer with a marker and a Sakura gel pen. and stuck them to the tag just by the bodies. Metal embellishments and sari ribbon were then added to finish it off.
This tag uses yet more sets of AA&C stamp sets together with stuff I had just hanging around on my desk at the time. Strips of paper stuck randomly to the tag, Fresco Finish acrylic paints picked up from my craft mat and a Tando chipboard compass and cog which got painted, stamped and then heat embossed with clear ep. I just love those little word stamps!
The final tag began life when my friend Emma came for a crafting playdate and brought the lovely cow parsley border stamp to try out. I stamped it onto a scrap of Brusho background and then got stuck, lol! Sometime later when Tim Holtz brought out his Distress Resist Spray it brought to mind the Tsukineko Goosebumps spray I had bought years before and never used so I dug it out, fully expecting it to be useless by now but after a bit of coaxing it worked and I sprayed onto a tag. I then blended some inks over the top (Oxides I think) and realised the pretty border piece co-ordinated beautifully so I added some stamping from another of Tracy Evans sets (love that little heart border), some lace scraps left from another project and, a first for me, decided to get the sewing machine out to add some random 'messy' stitching. My goodness how difficult I find it to sew messy on purpose! Anyway, then end result really pleased me, lol!
Phew, that concludes my catch up posts. I'm sure there has been other stuff I've missed sharing but never mind. Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm back with something new. Until then have fun and take care everyone.