Tonight's catch up comes to you courtesy of the only fairy stamps I like....beautiful Lavinia images by Tracey Dutton. I always call them fairies for grown ups, lol!
A couple of weeks ago my crafting friend Emma came for an inky stamping session. She wanted to have a play with my Distress Oxide inks before deciding whether she needed to buy any (I told her she would, lol) so we both created a few backgrounds which we saved for later stamping on and we also had a go at an alcohol ink technique as demonstrated by Tracey Dutton on one of her YouTube videos. I'd already had a practice at one of these backgrounds, then made another one with Emma and turned them into cards. These cards are the result of our time in my craftroom.....doesn't time fly when you're having fun! The afternoon was gone before we realised it and now we can't wait to try out something else.
This first card was an Oxide background with main images stamped with Versamark and embossed with white ep.
I then used Archival ink to stamp the other images in various colours and used torn paper and a sponge to create the slopes at the bottom. Oh yes some touches of stickles sparkle to finish off!
This second card was also an Oxide background which I loved but it was a bit dark for creating a little scene so I used the birches stencil and some white acrylic paint to stipple through. I loved the misty woods effect I got.
I added the fairies and toadstools with Archival ink and the fairy 'dust' with gold paint which didn't work too well so I finished off by added stickles to wings, toadstools and fairy dust.
Third card was the first of my alcohol ink experiments after watching Tracey's video. She makes it look so simple and I suppose it might be with a little practice, lol!
Anyway, after creating the background I added stamping with Archival again to create the little scene. For this one I used my new Be Creative stamp press to stamp the silhouette fairy. What a fab tool this is turning out to be and imo it really comes into its own for silhouettes as I never get a good image first time. It took me three goes before I was happy with this lovely image and even the lacy wings had lost none of their definition.
Fourth and final card for tonight was created in the same was as the previous background.
After stamping the beautiful tree I coloured it with Amsterdam acrylic inks then added the little dots of various Stickles colours to coordinate with the alcohol ink colours I'd used. I think it looks like the fairy has decorated a tree in her garden with 'fairy' lights for Christmas, lol!
That's all for tonight folks but there are still quite a few more catch up shares to come over the next week or so. See you again then I hope.