Friday 16 June 2017

This time it's ATCs!

Morning all,

The weather has cooled down a little from a couple of days ago....much more my comfort zone now 😉 but it's set to rise considerably again for the weekend so I will probably be complaining, lol!

My first post this morning (amazingly I have another one to follow) is to share the ATCs I have created for this month's UK Stampers Forum swap (Facebook group).  If you're interested this is becoming a very popular group run by Sid Hazelden.  There is lots of varied inspiration with friendly members and Sid kindly organises several swaps every month which I'm really enjoying so look it up on Facebook if you're interested in that kind of thing.  It says UK but I think there are international members too.

The theme for this month's ATCs is 'Anything Goes' so I created three totally different ones.


 I used different background techniques and products and different stamp manufacturers for each one.


 This one turned out to be my favourite and its a stamp by Artistic Outposts.  I laid down random colours of water soluble crayons then covered them with PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze and finally a mix of two slightly different shades of green Fresco Finish.  I was rushing the layers a bit because my conservatory craftroom gets so hot everything dries before I can apply them and I don't think I put enough crackle glaze on so only got a few crackles here and there but I think it was for the best in this instance.  Finished off with a little highlighting in red.


This one has a spritzed background of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.  The image is from one of the newest Lynne Perrella sets from PaperArtsy stamped with black Archival ink.  I then added London Bus and White Fire highlights using PaperArtsy Frescos and painted the face.  This ended up heavier than I wanted because again, it was drying too fast for me to blend it properly but it didn't look too bad in the end.
 


The final one is Distress Oxide ink squished on my craft mat, spritzed with water and then the card dipped into it.  I stamped the clouds then used a water brush to remove some of the colour.  I did the rest of the stamping, added colour to the ladder and bird and finished off with painting the clouds with glitter gloss.  EDIT :  I forgot to say the stamps are from Tracey Easson's Wonky Tonk collection.

Once again a fun swap to enter and I love waiting for my swaps to arrive each month.

I'll be back shortly with another post.

Hugs
Lesley  Xx

4 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous collection of ATC's Lesley, I love them all but if forced to pick a favourite it would be the bottom one.

Sue xx

Helen said...

I think I would choose the same as a favourite - but they are all gorgeous.

sam21ski said...

Great set, I like the yellow earthy one the best too x

veronica said...

lovely mix of cards Lesley, really love the bottom one.
I don't like the hot weather either, we are forecast to be up to 30 tomorrow, outside at farmer's market, so hopewfully not too bad as we are in a windy spot....